1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198338441278 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dolan Trupp, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolan Trupp

Dolan Trupp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:201169765
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198338441278

Victim profile: 76561198362605258

What happened? Description:
    Several days ago, I was friended by an account named Dave Man who is already banned on SteamRep, evidently for attempting something similar to what they attempted on me. They messaged me claiming they had accidentally reported me for hacking and item duplication. They said an admin had put a pending ban on my account, showing me a fake video of my account with a pending ban on it. They also linked me to a trade banned profile they claimed was their friend who didn't listen to them when they gave them the same warning. They said that they had the email of the admin who put a pending ban on me, and linked me to the fake admin's steam account. I played along and friended the fake admin.

I later confronted Dave Man with a link to his SteamRep page showing them as being banned. They then blocked me, though I have no screenshots of this confrontation unfortunately.

A few days later, the fake admin messaged me, saying that a support ticket has been filed against me, and that I need to prove my innocence. He said the way to do this was to send a trade offer with the items in question which was all my TF2 taunts. His obvious intention was to accept the trade offer and steal m He mentioned something about doing something with the mobile version of Steam that I didn't quite understand. Maybe you can make sense of it. I rick-rolled him and then blocked him.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Dolan Trupp You don't report this user you report he user you were FIRST incontact with - the dave user.
    IF they were already banned/tagged you should have ignored/deleted the user and moved on vs interact since there was nothing more we can do to them here.
    We want you to check users out soon as they add you and before accepting if they are tagged just ignore them.
    But doing a report backwards like this makes it more difficult to review.
    I need the FULL SR profile block to the Dave user.
  3. Dolan Trupp

Dolan Trupp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:201169765
    I reported the fake steam admin because Dave Man was already banned, and what Dave Man said seemed to be less actionable. I didn't provide the full SR profile of Dave Man because he was already banned, and I didn't consider it necessary. Here it is though.

| steamname: Dave Man
    | steam3ID: [U:1:851762211]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:425881105
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198812027939
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/0033215465454
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198812027939
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Already banned/tagged - you should just ignore the user vs communicate with them. That is what the tags are helpful to show you so you can avoid users like this vs get trapped by them.. scammers are crafty.
    I'll review again shortly - just keep that in mind - you always report the user you were FIRST involved with...reference others but again if already tagged just avoid them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.