1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198196602487 - (Dr. Pynk / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dr. Pynk, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118168379
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198196602487 (Dr. Pynk)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    A hijacker got a hold of my account and tried to scam a bunch of people with it, one of those people took it to here and reported my account with screenshots of theirs and the hijackers conversation. I got my account back 9 hours after it was taken only to be greeted with this "Impersonation to Defraud/Extortion Scam" ban. I tried to appeal once already but they told me the appeal was invalid because my account was "private" even though it's public. Here is the message I got from Valve when I got my account back for proof. I feel like I don't quite understand appealing on this website as I have never had to do so before. So I am not sure if I have everything I need. View attachment 686567

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    Here is the rest of the screenshot of my request for help

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
  4. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    I don't know why it sent 4 times.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  6. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2018
  7. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    Am I all set now?
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Be patient - I'm not the one that will review this appeal.
    Don't bump it anymore - if I've not suggested anything more than just wait till its reviewed.
  9. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Can you explain exactly how you were hijacked?
  10. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I was stupid and very tired when the hijacker that had friended me 2 days before suddenly started messaging again. It was from an account I assume was hijacked as well because they used a different one to pose as a "steam admin". They told me the whole "You have a pending ban" thing that I had never heard of before and proceeded to tell me the whole "I need this and this information" and being the tired moron I was I gave it to them, and then next thing I know I'm signed out of my account and my password was changed, I even lost my TF2 items but they were only worth about $50 anyway so it could've been worse. Thankfully about 8 hours later I got my account back. But unfortunately for me someone the hijacker tried to scam with my account was smarter than that and after calling them out they reported my account to Steam Rep. I didn't even notice till I tried to trade for some tf2 items from scrap.tf. Looking back at it I feel like a complete moron for giving him that information and even accepting the friend request in the first place. Sorry for the super late reply, I didn't think to check this until now.
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Please provide screenshots of your inventory history, from 1 week before the hijack until 1 week after you recovered your account.
  12. Dr. Pynk

Dr. Pynk New User

Steam:
    I didn't trade for a few weeks before and after it happened but here's what I got. My account was hijacked on November 18, 2018.

Attached Files:

13. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479