1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    They happen after you reach certain post/like counts. They don't do anything.
  2. Flutterdude

Flutterdude New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:92036327
    Howdy. I found out from a friend with steamrep that I got a pending trading ban, but I can find why or when I got it. It would be nice to get a little bit of help.
  3. derfy

derfy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1948671
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Common tactic lately is what I reference an extortion scam.. they try to trick you into thinking your banned because of "Bugged Items" they direct you to another user that is a fake steam admin because there are NO SUCH THING.. they give you a URL to send the items to which is yet another account to send the so called "Bugged Items" to.
    There are No Such thing as Bugged Items... no such thing as steam admins or whoever..some will go to the extreme as to make fake images from steamrep profile pages to show you are banned or about to be banned but NOBODY here will ever EVER ask you to send them items or anything of that nature.
    Anytime you have concerns like that feel free to ask any of us here or via PM.
  5. Flutterdude

Flutterdude New User

Steam:
    No the thing is that he didnt do that, and I did have him as a friend for a while and he did send me a picture of the pending ban on my acount (and it did had the link to my acount and stuff) he didt ask for bugged items or send me a link to a "steam admin"
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes that is fake and a scam attempt - HOWEVER if you had the user friends for a while and had talked to them before it is very possible that account was hijacked to use for that situation. It has been very common lately.
    So you could very well report someone that is innocent and didn't even have control over their account.
    Sounds like you need to check into that and perhaps report it to Valve so they can alert the true owner of any issues like that.
  7. Flutterdude

Flutterdude New User

Steam:
    Yes thank you. Looked trough how he or they could have made it and stuff. It said the game the profile (that looked like mine) was in the pending trade ban game XD
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    It's been said already but, he wouldn't know about your "pending ban" since there is no such thing. If he didn't ask you to move items, 100% sure he would eventually.
  9. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Sometimes they ask you to move items, sometimes they ask for your password and other login info instead. Often they ask for both, and if it's a friend you know and trust, they probably convinced your friend to give out his/her login information too.
  10. 5_Minute_Noodles

5_Minute_Noodles New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:69716276
    If someone scams you on tf2 and the get banned on steamrep, do they also get banned from trading on CSGO and dota 2?
  11. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    No, SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve or Steam. The tag only serves as a warning to other members of the community. However, some community sites choose to utilise the SteamRep API to ban users from participating in their community who have certain banned / caution tags.

You need to use the "Report Violation" button on the users profile, to report the user to Valve / Steam.
  12. Inspireless Llama

Inspireless Llama Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23567585
    Hi, my account on SteamRep has an unconfirmed report dating back from 2014 and it's still on yellow. Now I'm wondering if it's still planned to be investigated or will it stay this way forever? I looked into the "appeal" forums but I can't find answer related to this.
  13. Nick Ref the Blikkim

Nick Ref the Blikkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67732835
    Hello. I just got my items on TF2 stolen, by a Fake Steam admin and I can't get my taunts and some items back. I could leave you the list of things that got stolen from me but I figured if I ask: How do I get my stuff back without Steam support help me?
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam Support no longer returns items from any successful trade.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3415-WAFH-6433#whathappens
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/20631/
  16. spooky man

spooky man Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153949206
    I was banned a long time ago after getting hijacked. At the time i was in middle school, and I feel not only was I a bit impatient, but completely ignorant about something like this would work. wanted to know if there is a way for me to re appeal
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  18. spooky man

spooky man Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153949206
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  20. Blackout Menace

Blackout Menace Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:70948052
    is any posibillity to have my tag removed?
    i was banned for scam antempt (no one has scammed), i lied thet my account was hacked and im shame with this. but this was few years ago when i was a child... i realized my mistake and i wanna fix it. thanks for your time.