1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Possible phishing attempt? "For csgo tournament, my team can participate if u vote"

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ching Chow, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Ching Chow

Ching Chow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5266864
    A friend I've had for a while(playing partners only) pinged me out of the blue and asked if I still had my TF2 hats to trade. He asked about my most expensive one and I replied that I did not have time. He then asked a favor:

"If you are not a part of a pro team, I mean if you dont have a pro team. could you vote my csgo team?
    For csgo tournament, my team will get a high chance on participating in this tournament if you will vote my team
    It's on
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    and my team name is "Titan... I'll give you some keys for your time."

Alarm bells went off and I pushed him off. He was very persistent but I ignored him. I did some further checks and see that the site is only 3 days old and that his account was banned for trading by Steam but not here.

Is this a phishing attempt? Is he trying to steal login credentials to hijack account or perhaps steal items? or am I being too paranoid?

Thanks for the help.

Best,
    Ching
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Yes that is a phishing attempt - prompts for a fake steam login page.
    I'm removing the link from your post.
    You need to report that directly to Valve.
  3. Ching Chow

Ching Chow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5266864
    got it, Thanks!