1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198109860110 - (Arcader / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Arcader, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Arcader

Arcader Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74797191
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198109860110 (Arcader)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I do not have any alternate accounts in my possesion, nor do I have a shared account.​

Appeal description:
    Greetings.
    Due to an unfortunate hijack of my account, which admittedly could have been prevented had I been more careful, I lost control of my account temporarily.
    In the time my account had been compromised, the hijacker chatted with my friends, which promptly reported my then rogue account due to their attempt at further scamming others.
    Whilst noone was harmed and no items were lost, evidence of the chats remains and an example including their communication with me on Steam over another then compromised account is listed below.
    See Screenshot 8 to 11.
    As I am not active in the trading community, a friend notified me today of my ban on SteamRep, which I had not noticed before due to my stated inactivity.
    (Time of writing: 2nd of february,see Screenshot 11)
    Furthermore, their communication on Discord after they had seized my account should serve as evidence and is available below as a file.
    See Screenshots 1-7.
    The unredacted Steam-Support tickets showing that my account was abused aalong with my responses are available as evidence below.
    See Files/Screenshots 12-14.Should translation issues arrive,please contact me.

NOTE:

As the ban on Bazaar.tf was generated automatically after I had been banned on SteamRep, there is currently no possibility of it being removed as long as my ban on this site is not lifted, as far as I am aware.
    Should there be any other bans that were generated automatically due to my ban on SteamRep that are resolvable, please assist me, as there is no dedicated article on affilated sites or automatically generated bans in the guide that was provided to submit an appeal.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Steam support tickets need to be in English and reuploaded.
  3. Arcader

Steam:
    I must apologize immeadeatly- I seem to have forgotten to include the rather trivial information that is my steamname.
    I do not currently have the translation of the Steam tickets, although I can translate them and upload the translation as a .txt file.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No you must convert the ticket to English using steam.
    Instructions here and a screenshot to show you
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.158334/
  5. Arcader

Steam:
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You will need to make sure we can read the ticket in English.
  7. Arcader

Steam:
    As I have stated, I could translate the content of the ticket itself so that the staff may read it. Furthermore, should someone be available, the translation could be proof-read by another administrator that is fluent in both English and German to confirm the validity of the translated ticket that I would provide. Should translating the ticket not be an option, then I will delete it from the given evidence in this thread, unless you request otherwise.
  8. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, sorry for the delayed response. Please explain in detail what happened, from start to finish. You appear to have been approached on steam, how did you end up talking on discord?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Arcader

Steam:
    Of course.
    It starts with a friend of mine texting with me, I already talked to him earlier that day. He then begins to say something along the lines of "I have accidentally reported you for duplicated items",and how he felt really sorry that he did. As he feared that I may be banned/punished (he stayed vague about that, and I did not inquire further), he wanted me to please talk to the person that would be responsible for this action of punishment/ban, after which they linked me to a profile,which they claimed to be some sort of admin.
    The conversation ended with him further pressuring me to talk to this person because this admin apparently would ban me if I didn't respond in five minutes, and that he would be scared for my sake.
    I then got send a friend request by the allegedly responsible account, accepted it, and started chatting with them.
    (This account was named "Ms.Apple V A L V E", and has received a ban shortly after I was scammed on your site).
    They immediately picked up on what my friend had told me earlier about how I had been reported and they would require a specific set of account data to look through my account to "verify" that my account had indeed only been accidentally reported. They proceeded to give me the instructions on how I was to gather said data and then demanded me to post it in the chat, which I did due to them claiming that they'd ban me if I wouldn't. They further send a recording of them hovering over what seemed to be a "ban" button as proof that they would ban me.
    After I did follow their instructions, they provided me with a discord link since my account would be disabled whilst they look through it, and that I would need to provide further information later on through Discord.
    As they said, I needed to re-enter my credentials of my Steam account as they had been changed, according to a pop-up in the Steam-Browser.
    Since I expected to get my credentials back, I began talking to them in the Discord chatroom which they provided me with, in which I began to ask questions regarding their need for information , but was ultimately convinced that they'd give me back my account after I were to allow them to gather information through entering a code from a Steam-card which added funds to my account.
    (Note: For the full conversation, please look at screenshots 1-7)
    They demanded the Billing receipt and the 100 Euros necessary to get it, and pressured me to send them that amount because it would allegedly take years for the actual Steam-Support to handle my account.

Looking back, it was the most common form of scamming currently on Steam, although I only got aware of the issue after I had visited this website since a friend notified me that I had been reported here. (Screenshot 11).

Should you require more or different information, I'd be happy to help.
  10. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    I'm a little unclear on what you mean with this sentence. How exactly did they gain control of your account?
  11. Arcader

Steam:
    They gained control of my account due to me (regrettably) providing them with:
    -My actual account name (since my displayed name differs from it)
    -My reset code for my Steam Guard account
    -The confirmation code I received to reset my password and E-mail
  12. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello. I'm unable to grant this appeal, since we do not consider willingly giving out your credentials to another Steam user to be a form of hijacking.
    You are at all times responsible for your account and any actions by it; this is Valves stance, and this is also our stance.
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/ :
    https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    If our policy changes, and only then, you will be welcome to make another appeal.
    Appeal denied.