1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Impesonateing me

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SmartSix, Feb 25, 2019.

1. SmartSix

SmartSix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91223050
    This persons using my account name and impersonating me.

Their profile.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Mine
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/SmartSix

This person copied my nickname and others thing what i maked. he tried scam me my own real account with trade, i checked his/her name history and he got few names from my friend list too. he blocks me instead when he changed bcs i cant his prof with my steam. he stole form my friend like $ items and getting his levels + inv free with scams with my name. I have youtube channel, I'm entertainer with piano and acoustic guitar. Can he be banned ? please, i dont wanna handle this in comments or other things .
    I'm almost 5 years on steam.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2019
  2. SmartSix

SmartSix New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    * this their* i missclicked for link
  3. SmartSix

SmartSix New User

Steam:
    Hiding prof - he changed nickname and hide arts
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Impersonation alone is NOT a scam.
    Please keep this in mind in the future.
    I've hidden the link to that user above to prevent the from being seen as doing something fraud related.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Unfortunately, there isn't really anything we can do about someone impersonating you. If we marked them, it wouldn't help the majority of people dealing with your impostor. That's because they'd have to properly look you up on SteamRep each time they talk to you to spot the fake, which nobody is going to do if they don't expect it. Your best bet is to report the profile impersonating you.
    Hidden Content: