1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198170581802 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dogesus, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogesus

Dogesus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:124853908
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198170581802

Victim profile: 76561198209973544

What happened? Description:
    Guy adds me to apologise for "accidentally reporting" me and then tells me to contact a steam admin obviously fake. The fake admin doesn't even accept my friend invite and since i've seen this type of scam before it was pretty obvious.
    I now see that the fake admin has been banned but the one who referred him to me has not and i suspect they are both the same person with 2 accounts.​

Provide Evidence:
    In the screenshots are chat logs and both the accused' profiles.​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Here is the thing as I said on the other thread you made - your FRIEND may have been compromised. you need to make any and all efforts to see if that is the case before we tag them for a scam related issue.
    Once tagged here its very difficult and time consuming to remove so keep that in mind and please make that effort - I will give you a few days!
    Also don't double up accused blocks like that - you accuse the FIRST user like you did and you reference others in description
    | steamname: ()
    | steam3ID: [U:1:375888977]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:187944488
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198336154705
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Steam-Assistance
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198336154705
  3. Dogesus

Dogesus New User

Steam:
    Alright so,I saw that in the first thread,i had called him "old friend".
    I meant that as in him being in my friends list for some time but since he has no real friendship or anything with me i fully believe that this is an actual scam attempt. The guy always evaded the topic whenever i hinted it being a scam while not hinting him being directly involved in it. After telling him that "the admin seems to be banned" on SR,he is ignoring all my messages.
    Also,why'd he be scared about MY account? that talk was really sketchy.
    So in conclusion,I am very positive that this person has full consent over his scam attempt,is in ownership of his account and responsible for the scam attempt.
  4. Dogesus

Dogesus New User

Steam:
    However,I believe directly confirming my assumption from him would be impossible since even after I just messaged him to tell him he's a scammer,he refuses to respond. I doubt anything i say will make him speak.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thing is this is super common and this is typically the issue - the account that started this was likely compromised.
    All you have to do is look at their profile and it most certainly doesn't fit the bill for someone that would do this.
    Either way you are responsible for your account at all times. I'll review this again soon since you don't have any ways to contact the user otherwise outside of steam and don't appear to be wanting to.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Since the accused has been community banned I'm going to go with what I figured and that the account was hijacked and Valve took action.
    I do not wish to put more harm onto the account with a tag here so I will archive report.
    The other account was however tagged - Make sure you report that one to Valve.
    Dogesus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.