1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198180287407 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Jaydyn, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaydyn

Jaydyn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90030534
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198180287407

Victim profile: 76561198140326797

What happened? Description:
    Player told me he had accidentally reported me to the steam admins for scamming and having duped items He told me that he had told the steam-admins that it was a mistake, and that I needed to add the steam admin to verify that it was an accident and that I hadn't scammed anyone. At this point I knew for sure this was a scam attempt and stopped responding. The player had added me a while ago and I added him back because his profile looked normal and I assumed I had played with him in tf2 since he had over 600 hours in the game, and I thought I had just forgotten his name. After I had added him back he didn't say anything to me for a while until he attempted this scam.​

Provide Evidence:

[9:57 PM]
    ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    hey bro thanks for accepting me cause i really need to talk to you

[9:57 PM]
    Jaydyn:
    What's up

[10:00 PM]
    ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    sorry for bothering you but i accidentally report you on the steam admin for scamming and also for having a duped items instead of someone else who decieve me before :(
    i really sorry

[10:01 PM]
    Jaydyn:
    Okay
    Steam doesn't really do much about those reports so it probably won't cause any issues

[10:03 PM]
    ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    but i was worried about you cause i dont want to get banned because of my mistake report :(

[10:04 PM]
    Jaydyn:
    I'll be fine, even if they do look into it, they can see my trade history and see that I never had the item that was scammed from you. so they'll know it couldn't have been me.

[10:13 PM]
    ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    And the main reason why i message you its because the steam admin dude wants you to confirm that i accidentally reported you and you are not involve of those mistake report issue so that my report will not be process and your account will not be banned permanently in steam okay?

[10:13 PM]
    Jaydyn:
    Ok

[10:14 PM]
    ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    so can you add the steam admin and tell him that it was a mistake report so that he can remove it and we can assure that your account will be safe okay?

Jaydyn:
    okay

ᴊᴏɴᴇᴇᴇᴇᴇʟ:
    Steam Community :: []
    ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ l ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ l ʀᴇᴅᴅɪᴛ ɢʀᴏᴜᴘ l sᴛᴇᴀᴍ sᴜʙsᴄʀɪʙᴇʀ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ l ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴄʏ ᴘᴏʟɪᴄʏ l ʟᴇɢᴀʟ ɪɴғᴏ l
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nightmare_Glitch_Wolf/

here bro just add the steam admin and tell him that it was a mistake report okay?
    i really sorry again
    did you added him bro?

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ID64 or SR profile block of the fake admin please
  3. Jaydyn

Jaydyn New User

Steam:
    The first time I clicked the link it took me to his profile, but now every time I click it it say's :
    "Sorry!
    An error was encountered while processing your request:

The specified profile could not be found."
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    how long have you known the accused?
  5. Jaydyn

Jaydyn New User

Steam:
    He added me a couple months ago when we played on a tf2 server together, but he hasn't ever messaged me before until today.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It is possible the user is hijacked/compromised - you may want to see if you can contact the user another way to verify that.
    In the meantime make sure you've reported the account to Valve, if they community ban/lock it then they will have seen that.
  7. Jaydyn

Jaydyn New User

Steam:
    I do not know the user outside of them adding me a few months ago, so I have no way of contacting them. I have reported the account to valve and blocked them.
  8. Jaydyn

Jaydyn New User

Steam:
    He got community banned.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok I'm going to archive this report for now and if something changes I will back up to it.
    Letting Valve handle this since it was hijacking involved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.