1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

somebody tried to recruit me to commit fraud?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by obcapers, May 14, 2019.

1. obcapers

obcapers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36051453
    now even if it wan't obvious that they were trying to get me to log onto a dodgy site in order to steal my login details, what he essentially asked me was, the site owner locked him out of taking a cut of raffles from this site, he has access to the admin panel and would make me the winner of the raffle and then I give him 50% of the profit. this is fraud, plain and simple and its something that I would never agree to.

Attached Files:

• wtf.png
      wtf.png
      File size:
      355.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Best to delete/ignore the user - the site is most likely phishing related.
    I suggest to you and others to leave a note on your profile for people to comment as to why they are adding you - this will help filter this particular issue or situation in the future.
    Works 100% for me.. no comment no add/accept.
  3. obcapers

obcapers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36051453
    (my steam profile has been updated)

its just the morality of some people that baffles me in this scenario, they try to lure me into a site so that they can steal my account details/items etc. which is illegal, by proposing that I help them with stealing money/items from a raffle site which is, in itself illegal.

what is wrong with people...
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    They're playing into your greed, hoping that you'll participate for a quick buck, and then be too ashamed to say anything once they scam you.