1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198178896487 - (Edgeworth / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Edgeworth, May 25, 2019.

1. Edgeworth

Edgeworth Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109315379
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198178896487 (Edgeworth)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    A few years back in the Team Fortress 2 Subreddit, I posted a suspicious post that includes my profile link and a promise that i will give them free items if they give theirs to me, admittedly this is a scam, but you have to understand that before that, i was scammed by a person with the same thing that i was doing.
    I gave him items that i bought using my parent's money and believed that he was going to give me free items, but realizing that he scammed me, unfriended me, and blocked me, i was on a state of utter despair, I messaged steam support requesting their help in getting my items back, but was messaged that they cannot do anything about it, so in my naive mind, i thought to do the same thing he did to me to others.
    But even after i posted it, i did not scam anyone (nor is anyone foolish enough like me to fall into a trap like this), but i severely wanted items, to the point that i begged my friends to give me something, and upon realizing the mistake that i posted, my conscience even told me to give the thing i begged for to others.
    I know that the context behind why i scammed doesn't matter, and is merely a story if presented by me, but please realize that now that i am back after the break (i took a long break after the whole mess)and I will not scam nor try to scam anyone.
    I know my past actions does not justify the present me, but please reconsider on what i am now.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Provide uncropped, unedited screenshots of inventory history for the month of May/June of 2016.
    Provide uncropped, unedited screenshots of the ticket you are referencing in your appeal.
  3. Edgeworth

Steam:
    It looks like steam support's new system deleted my old ticket a few years back, sorry

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

Steam:
    So was June 30th 2016 the last time you traded? I dont see any newer trades.
    The old ticket system still exists.
  5. Edgeworth

Steam:
    sorry for being incompetent, but how do i access my old tickets? sorry again
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
  7. Edgeworth

Steam:
    is the help request history not the same as that link? i forgot the password on my support account and everytime i click the "Forgot Your password? you can reset it." button, it asks for my email then redirects me to https://help.steampowered.com/en/ and the only thing related to ticket history is the help request history at the very bottom.
    then when i try to access my old ticket through my email, it shows me that "The help request you are trying to view is no longer accessible because it was closed 60 days ago"
    Sorry for my incompetence but i can't find a way to access my old ticket, is there a way to ask steam support for the old ticket?

Attached Files:

8. Edgeworth

Steam:
    Here are also my sources for some of my statements, one of them saying that Steam Support deletes tickets after 6 months, then another saying that you can find tickets in the help request history, both could be false, but the last picture made in 2016 (the earliest out the three) are the only one that told people that steam support doesn't delete tickets, so its either steam support updated after 2016 or somehow i couldn't find my tickets

Attached Files:

9. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @Edgeworth, I have reviewed your appeal and decided to downgrade your tag to a caution based on the remorse shown in this thread and the lack of reports on your account since the time you were tagged.

Be aware that if any further evidence comes to light or you are reported again in future, you may be retagged.