1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198078290324 - (Tortuga / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tortuga 2, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Tortuga 2

Tortuga 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59012298
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198078290324 (Tortuga)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Good evening, i learned recently about steamRep and found I was banned to my surprise. Uppon closer inspection I see that this is an old offense , and even though i confirm that my account was used I deny that i was the perpetrator, I believe that at the time I had borrowed my account to a friend, but since it has been a long time i cannot say for sure, perhaps I was hacked, i really dont know. I have however stopped borrowing it since i had a "friend" steal some of my skins.
    I believe therefore that its unfair to be banned since i am innocent of this act​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Were you hacked or was it your friend? This is simple stuff for an appeal.
    You are not giving a specific reason and I am otherwise, unable to process the appeal.
    Two weeks to followup.
  3. Tortuga 2

Steam:
    I believe this was my friend since he stole some items from my account a month later or so, however this happened 5 years ago and I am only now finding out, so it is very hard for me to say with 100% certainty
  4. Tortuga 2

Steam:
    Actually I found some evidence that it was my friend, he traded it back to himself almost immediatly

Attached Files:

5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Appeal denied, you are responsible for your account at all times, that is VAlves stance and that is SRs stance.

Ref https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/