1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198045843752 Revolution (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Revolution, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42789012
    | steamname: Revolution
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42789012
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045843752
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/xx_red_r4mb0_xX
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045843752

Ok so it was Saturday,August, 24 ,2013. I opened up my outpost trade to see what offers i got on my unusual's. I see this one guy is offering me 6 buds and 18 keys but i have to add him on his alt account aka
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    I couldn't find him on steam so i added one of his friends called Scribby. I then asked Scribby if he knew if he knew that guy. Scribby thought that i was trying to phish him out of all of his stuff. At the time i had no clue what Phishing was until my friend "poop" told me what it was. I wasn't trying to phish Scribby at all i just wanted to know where i could find that guy so he could buy my unusual. Unfortunately this whole thing turned into one huge miss understanding and know i am known as a (SR SCAMMER). If there is anyway anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Please disclose all your Steam alternate accounts and any other accounts that may be tied to your Steam account, even if not yours.

also:

How come you found Scribby being a friend of the person who does not exist?
  3. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
    Well if u look at the link it shows up that he is on his friends list.
  4. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Please disclose all your Steam alternate accounts and any other accounts that may be tied to your Steam account, even if not yours.
  5. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
  6. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
    I understand as of my knowledge that you have to get my alt accounts so you can mark them as a scammer for a precaution method. I am fine with this but is there any way that we could possibly get the ball roiling? I understand that there is things that you have to consider when dealing with these types of situations but i am really not at fault here. The only thing i did was look at that guys 2nd profile who offered on my Unusual Killer Exclusive with stormy storm effect, looked at his friends list and added Scribby. I then asked Scribby if he knew that guy since he was on the phishers fake profile. At no time did i ever tell him or convince him to sing in through steam using the phishing link that i had no clue was at the time. All's i did was ask him if he knew this guy. If you guys could please review that link that i showed you that i got from the offers on my outpost thread you could clearly see that on the bottom right hand side of the screen you will see Scribby as a friend on this guys fake profile.
  7. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
  8. Revolution

Revolution New User

Steam:
    Before I start I’d like to point out that I wouldn’t be going through all this trouble to clear my account of any type of scamming label via Steam Rep. This will be my last and final argument against this case (PLEASE READ ALL!) in which I’m wrongfully accused for being a scammer/sending phishing link over a completely innocent and confused Steam message towards “Scribby” (see screen shot 1)

Explanation for screenshot 1:

When reading this message with no explanation it is easy to see that it appears that I am trying to trick Scribby into clicking a link. BUT, that was not my intention, I was tricked into clicking that phishing link from someone who commented on my TF2 Outpost thread regarding my Killer Exclusive w/Stormy Storm effect by the name of: “Ben B>Unusuals”. (Link to post: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/13825289) He left a comment on my post offering me 6 buds and 18 keys also telling me to add his alternate account by providing me a false steam community profile [Phishing link], at this point it is obviously not visible as the TF2 Outpost team was able remove the comment with the Phishing link he posted but roughly a day later. (See screenshots 2 and 3)

When I clicked the phishing link (not knowing it was a fraud) I was tricked into thinking it was a real Steam alternate account. (See screenshot 4). As you can see on the screenshot provided the Phishing link looked almost identical to a real Steam Community Profile. I looked around at his page for his friends to ask about him because I was unable to locate his page via Steam desktop launcher, and seen “Scribby” added on his friendslist playing Team Fortress 2 (See Screenshot 5). I decided to add and ask Scribby about if he had knew the guy who sent me the link and provided him with (unknowingly) the phishing link still assuming it was real. (See Screenshot 1 for full chat via Scribby’s report thread). I was genuinely asking him if he knew the guy with that account because I couldn’t locate his page.

Explanation for Screenshot 6:

After Scribby ended the chat and threatened to obtain my Stead ID, he also deleted me. I was afraid I would be wrongfully blamed for unknowingly linking him to the phishing link which I was unaware at the time what a Phishing link even was! So I explained this story to a person on my friendslist named “poop” and he went out of his way to defend me and went ahead and added Scribby and tried to explain to him what really happened. As you can see in the screenshot of their convo, Scribby himself was unsure whether I was trying to scam him or I really did not know what I linked him to was a Phishing link. (see screenshot 6)

Hopefully you guys can see that I wasn’t at fault here and was basically screwed for a lack of a better word all because someone else linked me to a Phishing link that I was lured into clicking and believing it was a real Steam Community Profile. If anyone should be at fault it should be “Ben B>Unusuals”.

Thank You for reviewing my appeal, I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Attached Files:

9. Scribby

Scribby New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23796266
    Well based on Screenshot 4 now I know how you found me. It was the phishing link steam profile that showed me on the friend list. That actual steam profile ID doesn’t exist. Next time please be more careful and thorough when trading.
  10. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Note
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  11. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, sorry for the extreme delay in responding to this appeal. After a review of the report/appeal, I have decided to downgrade your tag to a caution. You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again. Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Hidden Content: