1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198423776442 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by FallenRedn, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenRedn

FallenRedn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90847923
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198423776442

Victim profile: 76561198141961575

What happened? Description:
    I checked the forums, apparently this has been happening a lot recently, I got messaged by an account I played a TF2 game with once a while back, maybe a year or more? I don't remember exact dates. Anyways the messages were about him "accidentally" reporting me for "duplicating" items, he specified he didn't mean to report me but someone else, this being the first time iv'e heard of this, I continued to message him, of course being careful not to click on any links. moving more into the conversation he sends me a video, I haven't watched it or opened it at all mostly out of fear, so I apologize I do not want to send that to you, I do have screenshots that will be attached though. I continued to ask questions and he avoided them, then comes the big attempt, he sends me a link to a steam profile, here's the listed profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142645398 with this profile the user tells me to add them to remove my "pending ban" I then called the person out saying that well "steam admins don't have accounts like that" which I guess would be true, iv'e never looked into legitimate steam admin accounts if they even exist, but I should have pointed out the fact that "pending bans" arn't things anyways, I couldn't find the account in the thumbnail of the video, there are just too many account's named "Death Wish" I didn't actually get scammed, it just has all the flags that the user was intending to scam me, sending me to a "steam admin" and then unfriending me after I call the person out, if this isn't enough for that I apologize for wasting your time, I just thought I should try to get this out there.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG] These 3 images are pictures of our chat log. Once again if this is not enough evidence I very much apologize. View attachment 717113 View attachment 717114 View attachment 717115

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. FallenRedn

FallenRedn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90847923
    Ah, I apologize for the really late reply, I honestly wasn't expecting a response that fast. While yes I technically have known the person for a while, I only ever talked with them once in a game, we added each other and went on our way, this was around a year ago, and I don't do good to clean up my friends list usually, so the account was still on my friends list. As for the reports for Valve, yes that was already taken care of, I just threw this report up here as an extra measure, and for contacting the person, I have no clue, I don't know the user outside of the one Team Fortress 2 match we played.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok - and yes soon as you submit a report make sure you keep up with it daily till its completed.
    You can try to contact this user - appears to be the little brother of that account and see if they can confirm the account was compromised or hijacked.
    Let me know soon as you find something out
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/SwootyMcSoph/
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @FallenRedn Any luck? Please follow up since you were active in the last 12hours
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.