1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Weazel

Weazel Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83164687
    Hello, i've know i asked this before.
    About SteamRep bans. I am currently banned for "Alternate account" ive already made an appeal but its kinda bad. I have 2 questions about it

1. Is it possible for me to edit my appeal and make it clearer and better (+ will it affect my chances of an unban)

2. How do i prove that the account that is banned isnt a account associated to me?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Weazel
    1. No. Reply with any clarifications or corrections, and the admin will take them into consideration.
    2. Explain any connection you have with the alt. How do you know that person? What might have led them to wrongfully get associated with you? See appeal tips, #7: What are Alts?
  3. NewTronas

NewTronas Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20374817
    Hello, can I expect getting an unban if I appeal one more time? I know I can't due to current existing rules.
    However, what I am asking is an exception. My profile got marked as a scammer due to a some kind of a mistake. Don't you think these bans shall expire or at least change their status to "Caution" or "Legacy"? It's been over 2653 days ago, which is already over 7 years. I can't provide any extra additional evidence of my innocence, I couldn't 7 years ago, I can't now too.

I am feeling unfair that I can't play in some of community servers due to a mistake that happened 7 years ago in your side. Looking for a justice.

Thanks for your time.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you are only allowed one appeal - you've exhausted that one appeal allowed and therefore can not re-appeal.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
  5. the Renegade

the Renegade Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42692569
    So once one appeal is made, that's it? No more? What about appeals for Spycrab/Gambling reports since SteamRep no longer accepts them and considers them "an itemless loss"? What if you felt your appeal was judged unfairly? Seems kind of ridiculous that it's one appeal or bust.

https://www.skial.com/threads/spycrab-gambling-reports-are-no-longer-being-accepted.83888/
  6. Gamusino

Gamusino New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80107175
    Hello, can I make a report for a banned guy who has created a new account?.
    He has 1 account banned on steamrep due to paypal scam, he is redirecting all the people to his new account so i'm thinking if this is reportable or I need to have new proofs that he is still scaming. Ty
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No you can't make reports accusing others of being alternate accounts. If that account is trying to scam you or did scam you and you can prove it with proper evidence then you can report that report. Just make sure you don't report the account for redirecting you to another account or assuming they are trying to scam you since you can't submit reports based on assumptions like that.
  8. Waengie

Waengie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95320875
    A long while back I got banned as an alternate account of my scammer friend (he's someone I am related to I cant really just unfriend him or family issues) When I tried submitting an appeal they asked me to submit it from his account which was still and is to this day inactive, when I tried explaining myself I just got the same automated reply, im not an alternate account and theres plenty of proof I can use how do I get myself unbanned I cant submit a appeal from the account so what do I do.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You have a pending appeal - be patient and your turn in the line for someone to review it. Posting here will not expedite it.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198150907478-waengie-banned-by-sr.178123/

Also your "friend" has been active as in the last 48hours according to steam so apparently you are incorrect with the account being "inactive".

Attached Files:

10. Waengie

Steam:
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I amended my reply to include more - perhaps you should get your inactive/active friend or relative to assist you since they are in fact active.
    They can submit their own appeal to also help maybe get yours reviewed...no promises on that just saying.
  12. Waengie

Steam:
    No use ive tried
  13. Charon ™

Charon ™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17854784
    Hello, i was falsely banned on SteamRep 2020 days ago, and have yet to recieve the needed help regarding my case, is there any admins or moderators that can take the time to review case? It was originally declined based on me not appealing from my original account, even though this is my original account, and the account that was banned , which you deemed me to be an alt of, isn't my account.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your appeal was rejected and denied - Please do not submit future appeals and do not post here inquiring about its outcome or requesting the entire case be re-reviewed.
    This is not the place for such activity.
    #3 This guide applies here as well.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  15. Charon ™

Charon ™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17854784
    S
    So what should i do ? I can't appeal my case, i can't get to talk with an admin, i can't post on forums, how do i prove my innonce ?
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    All of this was just addressed on my previous reply - This section is not to be used for this situation.
    Thanks!
  17. Nick Ref the Blikkim

Nick Ref the Blikkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67732835
    Hi, I need help. Someone is setting me up, for a fake report about me get banned for a fauld but I didn't use aimbot, scam or every bad rep. but someone is try to get me banned for no reason. please help
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Sounds like a scam - delete the user/report them to Valve and ignore it.
    Nick Ref the Blikkim likes this.
  19. Nick Ref the Blikkim

Nick Ref the Blikkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67732835
    ok. I will ignore it. please find someone who made that fake report for me?
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Like I said it is fake - if you don't know who they are anymore I wouldn't concern yourself with it.
    Nick Ref the Blikkim likes this.