1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion: One button to update all profiles in friend list

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Aristeia, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Aristeia

Aristeia Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12023741
    So today I decided I want to clear my friend list of profiles that are UPD or GST, and I ended up clicking them one by one to update those unknown / ghost profiles.

I thought it'd be great to have one button to 'update all' to save this tedious work.

Maybe limit it to once every 30 or 60 or 180 days and only for Tier 4/5 donators to prevent spam.

What do you guys think?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well you have to remember that the server can't take but so much as in requests at once. I'm sure it gets pretty hammered as is from the searching randomly on search engines, normal hits and checks. You really should be checking each user prior to adding them as a friend to start with just to check em out which would keep you from needing to do a mass check to begin with IMO.
  3. Aristeia

Aristeia Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12023741
    Maybe we could queue those requests to once per 10 minutes, to prevent server overload? The point is automation and not efficiency (speed). I could write/integrate a script if you need help.

I'm not checking new users but existing ones on my friend list.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well the easy thing here is when you visit your SteamRep profile - if any of them have been tagged that will show up saying you have 1 or ever how many tagged users as friends. It will update on your end as it did on ours between now and then. So I wouldn't concern yourself with needing to update everyone in a mass check like that when unless they've been tagged it really shouldn't matter.

Otherwise I looked at your profile - you had maybe 15or so users that weren't showing up in our DB but should all be now as it took me 10 seconds to click each one and see them.
    Now your all caught up. Awesome!