1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198353261408 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by buggingme, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buggingme

buggingme New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53220385
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198353261408

Victim profile: 76561198066706499

What happened? Description:
    First, my friend sent me a chat saying he had "accidentally reported" me to an admin for duplicating items. He sent me to the "admin" who then proceeded to exclusively communicate with the /code command for steam chat. The "admin wanted to have a screenshot of my purchase history (based on his response to me sending just the list itself, he was using this to find the username for the account). He then asked me for my steam guard code. At that point, he forged a screenshot of his account with a "Valve Employee Shield" despite the fact that the text of the account name still being blue, and not purple. Thanks to that, I found this website and proceeded to find that the account in question did not have any such commendation. During this entire debacle, I threatened to take the ban happiness in the chat to the press, to which he had no real response. I do not believe this to be the main account that this scammer operated on, but it is the one that they've edited the profile bio for.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.
    @buggingme I need the ID64 of that friend ASAP!

Attached Files:

• dey.jpg
      dey.jpg
      File size:
      199.3 KB
      Views:
  3. buggingme

buggingme New User

Steam:
    Up until I just checked this guy's profile was public and he only played brawlhalla. Had all the achievements too if I recall.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2019
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That is not what I asked for
  5. buggingme

buggingme New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How long have you known the friend? Do you have any other means of contacting them outside of steam and have you reported BOTH users to Valve yet?
    If not make sure you do that ASAP!
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @buggingme You were clearly online after I made that last post - you've either over looked what I asked or ignored the request.
    Please do not abandon reports and ignore requests here...I need to know the answers to those questions asap!
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @buggingme Please do not abandon the report - follow up to my questions thanks!
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Accepting as is - Please do not submit reports here and abandon them!
    That only wastes our time when we could be reviewing other reports.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.