1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198119563409 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by I am copy paste himself, Sep 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am copy paste himself

I am copy paste himself Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38292785
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198119563409

Victim profile: 76561198036851299

What happened? Description:
    I asked this guy if he was selling a knife is csgo. I am beginning to play more competetively and csgo drew me in once again, so i wanted to sell my tf2 unusual, sunbeam sammy cap and was looking to buy a knife for it. I saw he was playing csgo at the time and remembered i once almost traded with him for an expensive unusual, so i thought i'd ask if he was selling a knife. He said he did, not long after he said that he didn't have one, but his friend had. He then proceeds to send me a trade offer, stating that he will give the unusual to his friend who will then give the knife to me. The knife i was promised was a karambit bright water. He asks if i'm interested and i ask him how much he wants for it, i proceeds to offer all of my items in tf2 for it since i checked its value and thought it'd be a good trade since i don't really play tf2 anyway. The offer he sends me is a much cheaper unusual with a much worse effect and he simply asks me to trade it to him so he can return the knife ASAP, but i'm not buying it. I asked him multiple times if this was a scam attempt, but he denied every time (i have screenshots). I then asks him if i could atleast see the knife before we do anything, and as expected i could not. I then tells him that i don't like the feeling of this and that i was worried that this was a scam attempt and said i that i was going to send it in if he wasnt honest. He then starts to call me a scammer, but i continue to ask him to admit that he doesn't have a friend that owns the knife and that he will not be able to deliver it. He keeps denying and now i turn to steamrep to send this in, because i'm sure im not the only victim of his fraud.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 730379

View attachment 730380

Now he sends the trade offer

[​IMG]

View attachment 730382

I have now realized what he is trying to do

View attachment 730383

I repeat that he show me that he is in possession of the knife but he refuse.

View attachment 730384

He continues to avoid what i'm asking him.

View attachment 730386

I hope this is enough evidence that he is actively taking advantage of random traders in hope of scamming them of their items.​

I posted the evidence in the window

Attached Files:

2. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

I see no scam or a scam attempt here. You can't report someone just because you think he/she would have scammed you. Next time tell the other party you are trading that the only way you're going to accept a trade like this if they have the knife in their inventory so you both can do everything in one trade. There's no point doing 2 separate trades which can be done in a single trade, no point making a risk for "item for item" trade(s).

Declined.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.