1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Absolutely not - also the user that tried to push that on you was likely hijacked so make sure you've reported them to Valve if you haven't already.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
  4. You σnly Live σnce

You σnly Live σnce Donator - Tier III

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53238104
    Well, you can see old logs of steam messages here. It's just not acceptable as evidence in a report.
  5. gabbss

gabbss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:178852941
    Hello, I made a scam report here, but I wasn't able to reply to Horse since I was busy (family stuff), it's my fault I didn't see the replies after doing that report, my bad. And honestly, kinda forgot about the report after a while, but now I'm back, and I'd like to provide the rest of the info needed for the first user involved in the scam. I have made that report a week ago, and I hope that no one got scammed by him since, but I won't tag an admin, I could send their ID64 and the tiny bit of evidence I have from our conversations (and how he made me talk to that fake admin), but I don't really know how to do that with my report closed, so if any of yall can help me that would be great. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to help asap now.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That is fine report was accepted and is done at this point - nothing more needed.
  7. gabbss

gabbss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:178852941
    Alright, sorry for all the trouble, didn't mean to ignore the replies. I have reported all the scammers, and Valve will deal with them hopefully, thanks for help, I appreciate it!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. Daebolal

Daebolal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46343440
    Would it be possible to ask for a report thread I made be deleted?
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I sent you a PM since you reported the report also to get info related to the request - do however keep in mind and for anyone reading.
    We do not delete threads/reports/content here.
  10. «Ur Sok»

«Ur Sok» New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55253706
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    «Ur Sok» likes this.
  12. Waengie

Waengie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95320875
    Hey is there anyway to somehow clear my rep ban, it labels me as a Alternate account of an old friend that scammed some people but I have no way of contacting him. Its also a really old ban and I already have Tried submitting some appeals all of which were responded with the fact that I had to apply for an original account which I mind you I don't own. To be honest the only reason I want it clear is because it interferes with playing on servers with my friends.

I forgot that I posted about this before
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2019
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You appealed and were denied
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198150907478-waengie-banned-by-sr.178123/

Nothing more will be done.
  14. Waengie

Waengie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95320875
    What do I have to show to prove I'm not an alternate account, I've submitted like 4 appeals where I point out I can't contact the owner of the account and that I don't own it so logging in and submitting an appeal is impossible, and every time it's like nobody reads it and they just say I'm and alt and I'm lying but I can't seem to find a way to prove that I'm not that you will accept the evidence that proves that I'm an alt was never shown to me so I can't refute it and any evidence I submit is ignored, I don't want to have to make an alternate account and abandon mine so how do I prove I'm innocent. I feel like I'm being bricked out.
  15. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You have received a warning for continuing to ask the same question when already provided with an answer by a staff member.
  16. TheTheo

TheTheo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:130203635
    Dumb question. Just concluded a trade and when activating received key it had for Beta testing written on the license. Should I be worried? Is there a way to find out if this key is going to expire?
    Sorry if i'm asking in a wrong place.
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Prob contact the company that issued the key such as the game or platform provider that question vs here...we have no idea either way.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  18. L'autre

L'autre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35799658
    How do i delete my forum account and related messages?
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You can't. We don't delete accounts or content.
  20. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Festive Kirliazkrieg Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24380742
    what does it mean when my appeal is archive? does that mean it invalid