1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198018785061 - (Jacktaz / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Bonk Scouterson, May 11, 2019.

1. Bonk Scouterson

Bonk Scouterson Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29259666
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198018785061 (Jacktaz)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:
    I have one alt which I use as storage, which is now retired, as of very recently, here's the link to it. The account is shared with friends as we had an initial goal of building a vintage weapon collection. For context, I have only used this account once or twice in the past for trading, which I'd be happily able to provide evidence of, in the event where it's required.
    | steamname: Fusilli Storage Co. ©
    | steam3ID: [U:1:143048385]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:71524192
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103314113
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198103314113t

Appeal description:
    Update (11/05/2019):
    Good day, this thread is going to be a repost of my previous appeal, but with some minor changes, each of which will be highlighted in respect to the previous appeal and the topics i covered. Furthermore, the repost is due to my legacy ban being resolved, of which I am very much thankful for.
    The link to my archived/invalidated appeal will be left at the end of the post, so you can see exactly what I've changed. This is due to new information being discovered which is relevant to some of the issues I had put forward.

Introduction
    Hello, SteamRep community, my name is Jacktaz, over the years I have had another alias, which was used in my initial appeal, under the name Bonk Scouterson. Today is the day I do my utmost best to make a case for why I believe I should be allowed back into the community, and demonstrate that I am not what the tag represents me as.

I'd like to establish early on in this appeal, that I was marked as a scammer for taking a person's unusual back in 2011, the unusual was a Scorching Flames Noble Assessment of Hats, which I returned no more than an hour later.

I'll be doing my best in this appeal to provide any information that will be of use, in determining whether or not I am a threat to the community, and whether I should be part of it again. I will provide screenshots to prove that I did return the item and pay back the individual, all those years ago.

The circumstances behind this case are a little different, given that the tag is coming up to be 8 years old, as of September this year. To be specific, as of me writing this appeal, the ban is 2729 days old. This usually leads to the question:

Why are you only appealing the ban now, after all this time?
    Over the years I have tried at least 2 times to appeal the ban, across different websites.

I appeal this today, because I wish to be part of the community again. Over the past 7 years I've never had the money to afford a computer that was capable of playing the game properly, I was 12 when I committed the offence that got me marked, now, at 21 years old, I am unarguably an entirely different person.

Team Fortress 2 is a game I will forever have a passion for, I have unboxed numerous unusuals in my time, some of which I have been able to trade, but at this point, I would rather just clear my name, the tag doesn't represent who I am today, I am the absolute opposite of what I was at that age.

As for the time frame, I now have the means to provide any evidence required of me, my old computer, towards the end of its run, was incapable of even running Steam, I had been using it since I committed the offence a long time
    ago.

My scammer tag has held me back for so long, I have been banned from servers irrelevant to trading, primarily because even possessing the tag represents you as a scourge to the community.

Finally, and what I believe to be the catalyst in this situation, is I got scammed last year.
    Update (11/05/2019):
    It seems the individual responsible for scamming me is tagged on SteamRep, and has stolen items off of numerous people. In my case, it is my fault for trusting the individual, but I was very careless at the time and had around 600-700 dollars of items scammed off me, I have created a dialogue with Steam Support, who have confirmed they cannot give me my items back, but will look into the matter for me. As you can imagine, it has left a very sour taste in my mouth, the context for the situation is:
    At the time, the only game my computer could run was OldSchool Runescape, so I attempted to transfer my TF2 backpack to Runescape gold (through the mobile app). I can provide all necessary evidence to demonstrate that all the expensive items I was robbed of were obtained legitimately, and not scammed. This is irrelevant to the context of the appeal, I just felt it was worth mentioning. The individual has had me blocked since, so I am unable to obtain the chat log, but I have evidence of the trade and such. In the event where this is relevant, I will provide all the evidence I can, the items are still in the scammer's backpack. I no longer wish to be affiliated with a tag that does not represent me as a person.

Some Context:
    What landed me with this mark, was an event back in 2011 where I was in a trade server. I offered a trader real money for his unusual (Through PayPal), which he trusted me with, and traded to me.

That unusual was a Scorching Flames Noble Assessment of Hats, I am unaware as to what its price was back then, although I doubt it matters, since the item was returned within the same day (In referral to repayment). My reasoning for doing it was naivety, I was influenced by people who I was affiliated with at the time who were also doing malicious things within trade servers, such as scamming and sharking.

I was a young person, and given the year it happened, trading within the TF2 community was in its infancy. I know this doesn't represent me as a good person, but I'd sooner be honest than sugar coating it.

As I mentioned in an earlier paragraph, I am an entirely different person, and I did return the hat, as I immediately regretted my mistake, and realised the severity of the action I committed. This feeling has only intensified throughout the past few years due to the treatment I have recieved from the community (being banned from servers when my computer was still capable of playing the game, hostility when adding others, instant blocks off those who mistrust me), which is justified as scamming and sharking are disgusting, and the responsibility of the community is to hold these people accountable and prevent them from costing another individual their items, and further improve the community.

To follow up, I have attempted to add the individual in the past, and personally apologise, but they have blocked me, and wish to have no contact with me whatsoever, I tried to achieve this through adding a friend of theirs, who actually became a good friend of my own after a while.

My ban from UTC, as of today, is still unresolved, but I have submitted the appeal button, for a minimum of a legacy ban. I want this to be the follow up, to show that my concern is genuine and I am genuinely apologetic, as it seems a lot more realistic than the click of a button asking for an appeal.

Furthermore, there was one occasion where I attempted to resolve the UTC ban, after my initial appeal, in the fall of 2012 I did take my business to Pink Taco's UTC forums, and tried to express my apologies and make a case for regaining some status as a trader in the community, and disdain for myself given the actions I had committed. The admin responsible for handling my case, who I honestly don't remember the name of, wanted me to screen share and provide evidence of trade history. however, I was unavailable to do so given the quality of the device I was using at the time. If need be, I will be able to do that now.

The Evidence:
    I will do my best to be consistent with the screenshot requirements, as mentioned in the appeal tips and screenshot requirements.

Evidence 1: trade history with URL bar, displaying the date and time, as well as the hat being obtained by me.
    View attachment 713279

Evidence 2: trade history with URL bar, displaying the date and time, of me returning the hat.
    View attachment 713280

Update: 11/05/2019:
    Additional Evidence: Evidence that any time I try to engage the person I scammed in dialogue, I get nowhere due to being blocked:
    View attachment 713281
    To Finish:

If you've read this far, I sincerely appreciate you investing your time. I will let you determine whether I'm trusted to be a memeber of the community again. I would most certainly love to trade, and have the person who robbed me of my items held accountable. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them, or provide additional evidence, it may require some digging, but if I have missed anything important please inform me.
    I do genuinely regret what I have done, and understand the important of preventing scammers from succeeding and protecting people who don't understand how volatile trading can be. Especially when items hold a value, and are expensive. The person I am now wants to enforce this, whether it be through a caution, or a clear name. I do not expect to have the ban cleared entirely, to be realistic, but please, take into consideration the time frame, and work with me to reach a conclusion.
    Have a wonderful day,
    -Jacktaz.
    Update (11/05/2019):
    Here's the link to my previous appeal, thank you once again, and if you need any additional information or desire to ask me questions, feel free to add me.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198018785061-jacktaz-banned-by-sr.188197/

Attached Files:

2. Bonk Scouterson

Steam:
    Apologies, but is it possible for me to get an update? My initial thread received a response within a week or two of it being posted, as of today it's been a month and a half. I'd appreciate just some correspondence as to what is happening behind the scenes.
    Thank you again,
    -Jacktaz.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please add me on steam to discuss.
  4. Bonk Scouterson

Steam:
    I've attempted to add you but Steam will not allow me to access your profile, or it just won't load. If you wouldn't mind, could you add me?
    Thank you for the response.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review, and a lot of consideration including talking to other SR admins, I will be unable to consider the appeal. SR, by policy, does not grant appeals for RWC (real world currency) related offenses.

I do think you have a change of heart as you selected for your appeal reason and I dont see you currently a threat to the community as you were previously. Other factors considered were time tagged w/o additional issues, repayment was timely, evidence at time probably would not meet today's much stricter standards and duplication of banned tag for same offense (tho this was addressed with your legacy ban appeal). But my hands are tied and I cannot make an exception for a policy denied appeal, even tho I would if I could in your specific case (not remove tag, but downgrade to a permanent caution)

Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**