1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Discussion about appeal

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ofTEN^M, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ofTEN^M

ofTEN^M Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:119449771
    So where exactly is this a fair case in any way to begin with? My case has been pending for nearly 4 years, and I was banned with 1. No proof against me 2. No precedent for the ban in the first place, I have been a reputable trader in the community and very well known among lots of people in the trading community and my trading career and many trades and opportunities have been absolutely wrecked and tarnished because of this dumb ban, I've done nothing wrong.

"If r/globaloffensivetrade, or any other community, is giving clearly unfair treatment or not handling appeals at all, there are procedures for that"

There is multiple cases of unfair treatment in this case, my appeal has been denied 3 times on no legitimate grounds to do so, I have provided all of the necessary proof to be unbanned (shouldn't have been banned to start with), I am known for being reputable, just look at my steam comments on my profile, I have +rep comments going back to 2015 and on my first account, I have them going back to 2014, the CSGOLounge kid who got angry at a mistake didn't provide anything at all to get me banned, yet I provide a page full of reasons as to why I'm innocent and it just gets brushed aside. My appeals take a long time to get handled at all and then after the anticipation of maybe one of them will be accepted, they get denied for no good reason, or no reason at all. There is clear evidence of unfair treatment here and I'm not sure why, but it is very easy to see that this case should have been put to rest after my first appeal.
  2. T-Virus

T-Virus Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20848740
    Often. Your fight is with reddit. Not steam rep.
  3. ofTEN^M

ofTEN^M Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:119449771
    I'm steamrep banned
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I've split posts related to your appeal to a separate thread. Per our posted rules, we do not allow discussion of specific cases in the General Discussion forum.

If you already appealed your tag with r/globaloffensivetrade and did not like the outcome, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

If you are unable to appeal at all, or the community is clearly and demonstrably abusing their position without allowing a single appeal from you (e.g. tagging in retaliation for calling out its staff for fraud), then you can request to have the appeal reviewed for mishandling, or demonstrate that you never got an appeal. Note that appeal reviews are not an appeals, and neither the details of your case, nor its outcome, will be reviewed, only whether the community is acting within guidelines, and whether you deserve a new appeal (which could very well lead to the same outcome). Read the Appeal Guide thread for specific instructions on how to request this oversight.

If you have further questions, need clarification on procedure, or have general questions about why things are the way they are, then those are allowed. If you continue advocating for your specific case, or use those topics to springboard into why you specifically should be unbanned, then you may be warned or temporarily banned from the forums. That will prevent you from submitting an Appeal Review until the ban expires.
  5. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
    /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade is in the process to officially resume reports and appeals for SteamRep tags issued by our community.

At the moment, the temporarily policy is the following:
    - For reports, we currently refer all new scam reports to SteamRep.
    - For ban appeals, we currently still process any new ban appeals on /r/GOTradeAppeals.

Keep in mind, that the ban appeal policy is the same as SteamRep. We only allow one ban appeal unless otherwise stated by the administrator that processed the original ban appeal. As stated previously, the user has already exhausted the one ban appeal. Therefore, all subsequent ban appeals are automatically declined. Additionally, we do not allow third party requests or inquiries either.

The most recent ban appeal was posted three days ago. A moderator has not yet had the opportunity to respond to it yet. However, this could have also been clarified with a message to modmail instead. The daily workload to maintain /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade is extremely high for a volunteer community. As a result, it takes longer than we would like to add anything new on top of it, but it should be done within the next few months. If the one time ban appeal policy changes, then it will be announced at the launch of the new system.