1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about multiple declined reports for the same account

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by m0g, Oct 26, 2019.

1. m0g

m0g New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38902266
    I filed a scam report for a player, but was declined because I did not learn until after the incident what all the requirements were. Mainly, I did not catch chat history before the suspect blocked me a prevented me from doing so, since I'd unfortunately closed the chat window.

This player now has 3 declined reports, all with very similar hallmarks: steamid64
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Is there any way this sort of history can lead to at least a "caution" tag for the suspect, or something similar?

I can appreciate that these reports haven't met the standards necessary for more significant action, but it seems like an unfortunate outcome to me for a player to be able to continue scamming less knowledgeable traders. If there had been some sort of "caution" tag here, maybe someone in the future would be able to avoid the unfortunate outcome that 2 others and I had.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Just because someone has more than 1 declined report doesn't mean anything one way or another.
    Each report is independent from the other and is treated as such.
    The report you made today was Declined for a reason - it states it here what is needed to submit a report here.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/

Also do keep in mind that since its pretty clear you are making this post because of the report you submitted didn't get accepted.
    Please be mindful of our General Forum FAQ
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    specifically # - 3

Also I've hidden that ID64 you posted as this is not the place to post users information such as that.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. m0g

m0g New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38902266
    So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that no amount of declined reports will ever result in any action taken against an account?

The thing is, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a reason to be. I sincerely want to help a future trader avoid being scammed like I was, and I thought that was the purpose of this website. If it is not, then I will happily be on my merry way.
  4. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @m0g ,

The submission fundamentals are there for a reason, looking at your report (which I processed -declined) how can we know what exactly happened between you and the accused/other party when there's only a trade history screenshot?
    If we can't verify that there was a scam or scam attempt we can't process the report. You sure wouldn't like to get reported and then receive a SR Caution or a Banned tag just because someone didn't like a trade you both made and then reported you by telling us something we can't verify through raw Steam chat screenshots.
    Last but not least all the archived and declined reports are public for anyone to view them and determine if they are willing to proceed in a trade with the other party.
    Lava, Roudydogg1 and Horse like this.