1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

"won" a random knife csgo. Is this legit or should i report?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NotVerySexy, Nov 21, 2019.

1. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91898
    i got a random friend request from someone claiming that being added by them means you won a knife. after accepting i got message from them saying to go to a website, enter a promo code, get a knife and join their group. are things like this legit or should i make a report about it?

the site requires i sign in with steam but im vary wary about any of these things. also i dont play csgo so theres that too

i can provide link/screenshots too if others maybe familiar with the one im getting
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  3. NotVerySexy

NotVerySexy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:91898
    thanks for the reply. i presume that this would fall under:

"Scams involving trades occurring entirely outside of Steam trading
    SteamRep's scope is limited to trades that involve the Steam economy and Steam trading ONLY. We do not handle scams for other game economies nor do we handle scams regarding outside businesses or agencies. These should be handled with the appropriate authorities."

and

"Phishing/hijacking account reports: If you are phished/hijacked you need to submit a steam support ticket ASAP https://support.steampowered.com/ Report phishing attempts to Valve by using the in-profile report system as noted here"

so if it ends up being taken outside of steam's trading service and from a random website its nothing steamrep covers correcct? i think im just going to play it safe and ignore this person's 'giveaway'.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If the site is a phishing site it falls under that first and foremost since you have no idea if that account was also phished to continue the phishing/hacking of accounts by whomever may be in control of it.
    So report the user to Valve and delete/ignore them.
  5. Ultimate PC Master

Ultimate PC Master Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102366946
    first, do not log in to suspicious sites that is more likely to good to be true; if you already did quickly change your password.
    second, that's a common scam tactic, you didn't win s✿✿✿, because you didn't even join a competition or such for it.