1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198096732780 - (Xenocide / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Xenoooo, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Xenoooo

Xenoooo Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:68233526
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198096732780 (Xenocide)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and the admin told me to appeal again at a later date

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Hi, I was originally Steamrep banned because I scammed a person out of a CSGO knife a bit over 5 years ago. They agreed to a paypal trade and went first, and I never came through on my end of the deal.

I pretty immediately felt bad and gave the knife back to the guy within about 30 minutes or so of taking it. All of this is documented by the victim himself in the original report, actually, which can be seen here:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.70296/

I appealed originally a while back, and was told I'd have a "fighting chance" at getting the ban lifted if I stayed squeaky clean in the meantime. It's been a bit over 3 years I believe since the ban actually went through, and over 5 years since the report itself now, I'm hoping this is enough time!

I'd like to be unbanned mostly because I really don't like the stigma following me around, I was a teenager at the time and as I said, I immediately felt guilty to the point of returning the item even way back then. I'm not a risk of scamming anyone as I don't even trade anymore and haven't in quite some time (I don't even play games where trading is a thing any longer, feel free to check my profile for that).

I'm significantly more mature than I was back then, and as I said even back then I had an overwhelmingly guilty conscious about it. I'm hoping the fact that I immediately returned the item to the guy combined with the fact that it's been a bit over a half decade is enough to take this stain off my record.

Thanks for looking!​
  2. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there. You indeed returned the item very quickly, but based on the chat log posted it looks to me like you mostly did so because you wanted the steamrep report to be taken down. Any comment on that?
  3. Xenoooo

Steam:
    Hey Teeny, thanks for getting back so fast.

To be entirely honest with you, it's hard to put myself back in that mindframe and remember 100% what I was thinking at the time, as it was a while ago. I definitely did want the steamrep report taken down at the time so I'm sure that played a role but I do remember my friends at the time immediately being like "dude, not cool" which caused the guilt to hit me like a ton of bricks. It was most likely a combination of the steamrep report, being afraid of being steam banned (I didn't know how anything works back then), and genuinely feeling bad.

I re-read the entire chat log and there's no denying that I was an absolute jerk (and wow was I cringey then as well).
  4. Xenoooo

Steam:
    But yeah, I wish I could just say that I know I would've returned it had there not been a report but honestly I don't know what I'd have done if he didn't document it all. I'd like to think I'd return it but I can't say so for sure as I was an edgy teenager who was hooked on those skin gambling sites that were so popular at the time.

I do know that nowadays I wouldn't even think of putting someone in that position in the first place.
  5. Xenoooo

Steam:
    Hey guys, if I'm needed for anything I'll be mostly away from everything until January 3rd for the Holiday, so may or may not give a timely reply if asked for anything.

Hope you have a Happy Holiday!
  6. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -SR, by policy, does not grant RWC (real world currency) related offense. Auto deny reason.

Appeal denied.