1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561197961891668 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Typhon03, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typhon03

Typhon03 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:508424831
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197961891668

Victim profile: 76561198977115391

What happened? Description:
    He Paypal scammed me. He added me and said he would pay me 330 dollars for my entire backpack. I was of course very suspicious. He had a great profile (4k hours on tf2, around 2k on CSGO, 1,5 k on Dota 2) and an inventory worth around 400 keys in total (all games). He had 4k trades done and a bunch of community market transactions. I wasn't convinced. He also linked me his cashrep thread (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/2552901289727878436/) with a bunch of +reps from active and good looking accounts. I even added some of the people and they said that he was legit and everything was fine. Still wasn't enough though, so I said if he can screenshot the transactions he did with the people from the thread, he did as I said. Everything looked good, the dates matched up and everything. Then I was convinced. I went first, giving him my items and then he supposedly sent me 330 dollars. But the money was "pending". I have never heard of that before but googled it and it seemed real. Then a few days passed and I still didn't get the money, so I said if he can screenshare, that the transaction is really pending. He again did what I said, he screenshared, went on the Paypal page and even reloaded a couple of times, showing me that the payment really is legit. (sadly didn't look at the link, because it was probably just a screenshot on a webpage) More days pass and I'm getting even more suspicious, that's when I look at the screenshots he sent and find out they were all photoshopped. I should also mention that he deleted some of the pics he sent but I screenshotted the chat before. Please get him banned so he doesn't scam more people.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots of our chat​

Attached Files:

2. Typhon03

Typhon03 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:508424831
    More screenshots

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry you do not have required evidence - we do not review anything from Discord - you are reporting a STEAM user not a Discord user.
    Never discuss steam trading outside of steam chat - at least note the formal agreement in steam chat if you do talk in other ways.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Nothing provided suggests this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing.
    Declined
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.