1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198034560063 - (zoog / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by CA\ mousse, Jan 23, 2020.

1. CA\ mousse

CA\ mousse Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37147167
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198034560063 (zoog)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None.​

Appeal description:
    Back in 2013 I was banned for the actions of another user who hijacked my account. I provided evidence but the case was never processed due to the information not having been uploaded to the forum itself. Logs between me and the person who hijacked my account for scamming are now missing.

Here are links to the appeal and another forum containing a requested ban for the individual who scammed me out of my account and used it to attempt to scam individuals:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/impersonator-of-apinis-steam_0-1-37147167.43371/

https://www.sythe.org/threads/mazaismaita-scamming-steam-accounts-has-multiple-skypes/

In fact, I requested that my own account be flagged for having been hijacked, but my request to remove it after regaining control was never processed. The individual who I accused of having hijacked my account after thorough investigation has been SR banned since the incident, despite having avoided my finding out:
    | steamname: Valles Kristaps
    | steam3ID: [U:1:52451337]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:26225668
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012717065
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/asaris555
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198012717065

I don't know what else I can provide given that so much time has elapsed since then; it's a little disappointing to find out I'm still banned for what happened when I was just a teenager. I'm still being held accountable for something that I didn't do - I was victim of a hijacking and SR Ban that someone else evaded by using my account.​
  2. CA\ mousse

Steam:
    I'm not sure what else to add, a quick review of the threads discussing this matter points towards the alt Valles Kristaps as having been the perpetrator of the scam. My account was stolen by this individual as I was foolish enough to fall for their scam - they used my account to direct them towards the Valles Kristaps alt in order to conduct the transaction since my Steam Guard was down when I was scammed out of my own account. No scammed items have passed through my account before and after having had it stolen. I've tried accessing data for my backpack at that time, but API is missing from that timeframe.

It'd be a little ridiculous to ask for anything more given that this restriction was implemented as a preventative measure, and now that my account has been under my control since then, I'm still under lockdown. Were I the scammer, why would I return to my banned account instead of just making an alt to scam with? All of the evidence I have provided then and now points towards my innocence, but I see that appeals seldom go through here so I'm not expecting anything except "need more info" or "appeal denied".
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Your appeal wasn't processed because you didn't provide what multiple admins requested.
  4. CA\ mousse

Steam:
    Does it really take this long for a response like this? What do you need now then?
  5. CA\ mousse

Steam:
    In spite of knowing I'm innocent from the information I have provided, you'd rather go through the motions of getting off of knowing people like me are banned and make us wait, on average, 4-5 years before unbanning. SR is a joke anyways. I'll take my ban.
  6. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    We need what was requested, which was made fairly clear in your last appeal. I have no way of knowing you're innocent. If you're unwilling to provide the evidence as requested, I can archive this. Let me know.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR asks for specific information so we can cross reference and verify claims against known good information. The original admin determined that what you provided was inconclusive to accept the appeal and requested additional followup. Nothing in the original appeal mentioned anything about not accepting what you submitted due to not directly uploading it, or that it had any say in denying the previous appeal as you claim here. This is simply untrue of you to say.

Just like in that thread, you chose not to followup. I decided to archive this thread since you did not or are unwilling to give what the original admin asked for. If you choose to attempt another appeal and fail to followup a third time, and being already denied once, you will have exhausted any additional appeal attempts.

Thanks.