1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198132981156 - (fx / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Banana 3, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Banana 3

Banana 3 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:86357714
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198132981156 (fx)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    This is the main account I use for chatting and trading. My only other alt, which was also banned by this report, is this one: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198205188435 but it's not used for trading at all, only for games and such.​

Appeal description:
    Alleged Report: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...counter-strike-global-offensive-items.128098/

There's no additional evidence I can provide since this happened years ago and the offence does not even involve me. All necessary files (chatlogs and such) can be found on that thread, uploaded by the "victim". I may provide some re-uploaded files here if they are important.

It seems that I was falsely banned by the admin for no justified reason. The poorly-attempted scam involved the scammer simply trying to convince the victim to send their items to a CSGOLounge moderator. At the time of this, I was a CSGOLounge moderator but I had no prior knowledge that this was going on, nor did I have any connection to the scammer. The victim even explains this in his own thread:

"I don't know if he is a real Lounge Admin or Mod, it doesn't seem like one, nevertheless, if he was: he should not be doing this sort of stuff."

"Correction, he is a CS:GO Lounge Admin, however he was not aware he was being used by the Offender, i believe he was going to impersonate him using a second account."

Chat logs between me and the victim can also be found on the thread, but here's an image to save you some time. Hopefully I'm uploading this properly...
    [​IMG]

At the time of our interaction, I was confused on what was going on and assured him that I was not aware of what the scammer was suggesting. It's important to note that, because of this clarification, no scam actually took place. The scammer was left empty-handed and the victim kept his items at no cost. I was extremely surprised to open up my steamrep profile today and see that I had been banned and deemed as an "accomplice" to this failed scam which has banned both my main account as well as my alt account. I see no reason for this because the evidence provided by the victim clearly shows that I played no role whatsoever in the actual scam and that I was completely unaware that this was even going on. I have since parted ways with CSGOLounge because I needed more time to invest into my studies but this false ban on my account will seriously impede my ability to trade with users in the future since it demolishes the reputation I have built up for the past 5 years.

Thank you for taking the time to read this appeal, I hope I have provided sufficient clarification to lift the SR Ban on my account. There are more logs and files available on the original thread, which I have linked at the top of my appeal. If the ban cannot be lifted, I would at least like to seek some sort of clarification as to how the admin could have come to this decision, given that the evidence points blindly towards my innocence. I look forward to your response.​
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    When were you a CSGOLounge admin?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Banana 3

Steam:
    It would be hard for me to give you an exact date for when I started/ended there, but I would say it was roughly from March/April of 2016 until June/July of the same year. It didn't end up being a long-term thing since I had irl things to attend to. I mainly applied for that position because I was trading a lot at the time and thought it would be cool to be a mod at the same time. Turns out it wasn't as cool as I thought it would be and the whole experience lasted a lot shorter than I had previously anticipated. That's one of the reasons I don't go around presenting myself as an ex-mod or anything, today.
  4. Black Burn

Black Burn CSGO/DOTA2 Lounge Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44269628
    I don't think that you know me , but all i want to say that you were never a Lounge admin nor a somthing.

Please stop calling yourself one of lounge admins or a former staff.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  5. Banana 3

Steam:
    This happened 4 years ago. Since then I've drastically changed my entire profile multiple times which may be why I'm not recognizable. Like I mentioned, the entire experience lasted only a few months as it is.
    Nevertheless, the point I'm trying to make with this post isn't to prove whether or not I'm a CSLounge staff, it's to show that I had nothing to do with the alleged scam report and my only interaction with the victim was to warn him of the scam. I don't understand how that warrants an entire SR ban on my account and my alt.
  6. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    Were you or were you not Staff a CSGOLounge?
  7. Banana 3

Steam:
    I imagine I may not have been involved enough to be deemed an admin, and maybe I'm misinterpreting the role I played back then for more than it actually was, but at the time I was under the impression that I was playing some sort of role moderating threads and such. As I previously mentioned, this mainly started because I was trading a lot at the time and spent a lot of time on CSGOLounge and something like this would be cool experience. At the time, I didn't even feel like I was a big part of the staff team or anything and so I didn't excessively present myself with it or anything. I may have added an @ CSGOLOUNGE tag on my profile just to feel cool but that's about it. It's not as if I was approaching people and presenting myself as a staff member to rip them off for their items.

The victim from the report in question is the one who approached me and I had no ties with the guy trying to scam him to begin with.

I'm not sure why we keep coming back to this. Is this the only pertinent detail that resulted in my SR ban? Because, whether or not I may have been a renowned CSGOLounge staff or not; the reality is that I've committed no offence in the alleged report and I played no role whatsoever in the scam attempt, even if some random guy was trying to impersonate me for whatever reason. I understand that there may be some skepticism if I'm declaring myself a CSGOLounge staff member without actually being one. But from my perspective, at the time it did feel like I was playing some role on the site, more than the average user. I hope you understand my point of view and I hope this clears up some misinformation in the things I've said above. Hopefully this is the last on this matter, because as I've mentioned before, being a Lounge member is not the main argument of my appeal.
  8. Tio José das Vacas

SteamRep Admin:
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am unable to consider this appeal.
    -Lying/lying by omission. Auto deny reason.
    Appeal denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**