1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Getting the Authorities involved against Steam Crime Rings

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Seriouslypissed, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Seriouslypissed

Seriouslypissed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:425080234
    As somebody who has been scammed and is reporting to the authorities to take my scammer to court - I'm interested in asking what steamrep is doing to promote reporting to fraud to the actual authorites. fraud is rampant on the SCM and it seems that most people are not reporting to the authorities: only valve and steam rep (which makes little sense in getting justice) I think you guys have a terrific template and is of great help to the people who will investigate my claim to get justice. Why not set up a section to file a police report

If you need help I can tell you what steps Im taking to get my item back + damages.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    We are an educational resource, interested in promoting safe trading practices and warning users about possible fraud, and are not affiliated with any police organizations. If victims wish to report online fraud to relevant authorities, we are in no position to meaningfully assist them.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Even if you could prove jurisdiction, even if you could reliably identify who the scammer is IRL, no police department will know or care.

And you're going to find it nearly impossible to track people IRL, and when you do they're going to be in Russia or Brazil or something.
  4. Chucky 3

Chucky 3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45619631
    Kill John Wick's dog. Frame the scammer. Easy.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    okkkk I do believe this thread has run its course.