1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198114551724 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by whisperedsolace, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperedsolace

whisperedsolace New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65882605
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198114551724

Victim profile: 76561198092030939

What happened? Description:
    Paul messaged me about my factory new ruby bayonet doppler on cs:go. wanting to see if i would ever part ways with the knife. it was one of a kind knife and can be found for sale at around 2.5 thousand US dollars. he messaged me seeing what i would like to offer as a price for this knife. couple days passed bye and i messaged him back telling him i will only part ways with it if i sold it for 2 thousand dollars. he turned around and offered 2.2 thousand or 2k and the knife he currently has. i chose to go with the 2k and his knife. we made the agreement and that we would use paypal for the money transfer. i logged into my paypal. gave him my email to paypal and waited for the money. in the mean time we talked some more about the knife and the trade and and he gave me everything in his inventory. we went threw the trade and i waited for the email confirmation on the trade to show up in the email. the two step trading safety web. well when it hit my email i asked for the money to be transfered and he responded its on its way. the next thing i know he logged out. blocked my profile and then the trade was exchanged. he set his profile to private. couldnt find him anywhere. i lost my knife and in return lost my one of a kind knife and some blood vesicles in my head. I went to bed and then came home to see his profile back to public and that he has sold my knife and bought a marble fade karambit. today is 8/19/2015. the trade took place last night on 8/18/2015​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. paul 7

paul 7 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:77142998
    I admit I did have the intention of scamming him yet I added him back after the trade and I agreed to send him 1.5$ all said and done probably about a week later. I felt really guilty about what I did especially because the item was worth so much. I have no receipt of sending the money because that paypal would eventually get deactivated due to be being underage.
  3. paul 7

Steam:
    I need to reword that. When I messaged him I did have the intention of doing a completely fair trade yet after the trade was accepted I was extremely tempted. I didn't message him or send him offers with the intention of scamming him.
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    @whisperedsolace are you still around and willing to participate in this report? I understand it has been a while, but we have a large backlog we have been working through, my apologies. If so, can you please provide / answer the following:
    • Did this user repay you as claimed above? Are you happy / satisfied with the repayment?
    • Can you provide any evidence of the accused repaying you such as chat, PayPal history or inventory history?
    • Can you please provide screenshot(s) of your inventory history from 1 day before the trade until 14 days after? With overlapping trades in each so we can see the exact order.
    • Can you please provide screenshot(s) of your PayPal Activity tab showing all transactions from 7 days before the trade until 30 days after. If you are uncomfortable displaying these on the report I can hide them for you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    @paul 7 I will treat your replies as an expedition request given the context from your General Discussion post. Could you please answer / provide the following:
    • Can you please provide screenshot(s) of your inventory history from 1 day before the trade until 14 days after? With overlapping trades in each so we can see the exact order.
    • Can you please provide screenshot(s) of your PayPal Activity tab showing all transactions from 7 days before the trade until 30 days after, make sure your repayment is shown in here. If you are uncomfortable displaying these on the report I can hide them for you. I understand you have lost access to your PayPal, but any effort to regain access or obtain these screenshots would help.
    • What specifically was the repayment? The agreement in the chat above looks like you agreed to $2000 PayPal + items, yet you say you repaid $1.5 (I assume that means $1500?), was the victim happy with this? Can you provide any evidence backing these claims up? Including screenshots of any further chat with the victim if possible.
    Can we please make sure that all screenshots include the full screen (including the taskbar!) and are not cropped or edited in any way.

Thanks.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. paul 7

Steam:
    I will provide screenshots of my inventory history later today, I just took a quick glance and there were many trades made in the specified timeframe so just keep in mind there will be many screenshots. Also this was almost 5 years ago, I have no evidence of the transaction being made, I can't even remember the email associated with that paypal, or the chat messages. I unblocked him via steam and messaged him through there regarding repayment. Yes, it was $1500, and if I remember correctly he was just happy that I was able to pay him anything at all, because he was extremely bummed about the situation. I told him I didn't have the knife anymore and offered $1500.
  6. paul 7

Steam:

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      206.9 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      201.2 KB
      Views:
    • ss3.jpg
      ss3.jpg
      File size:
      201.9 KB
      Views:
    • ss4.jpg
      ss4.jpg
      File size:
      212.6 KB
      Views:
    • ss5.jpg
      ss5.jpg
      File size:
      218.2 KB
      Views:
    • ss6.jpg
      ss6.jpg
      File size:
      172.9 KB
      Views:
    • ss7.jpg
      ss7.jpg
      File size:
      170.3 KB
      Views:
    • ss8.jpg
      ss8.jpg
      File size:
      218.1 KB
      Views:
    • ss9.jpg
      ss9.jpg
      File size:
      219 KB
      Views:
    • ss10.jpg
      ss10.jpg
      File size:
      168.2 KB
      Views:
    • ss11.jpg
      ss11.jpg
      File size:
      174.8 KB
      Views:
    • ss12.jpg
      ss12.jpg
      File size:
      181.7 KB
      Views:
    • ss13.jpg
      ss13.jpg
      File size:
      171.1 KB
      Views:
    • ss14.jpg
      ss14.jpg
      File size:
      162 KB
      Views:
    • ss15.jpg
      ss15.jpg
      File size:
      177.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
  7. paul 7

Steam:
  8. paul 7

Steam:
  9. Enstage

Steam:
    Was the original agreement not $2000 though? Does this mean you still owe $500?
  10. paul 7

Steam:
    The original agreement was $2000 but as I said after I added him back we both agreed on $1500. I don't owe him $500 more he agreed with and was totally acceptable with receiving $1500.
  11. paul 7

Steam:
    Sorry I didn't make that clear I just reviewed it. After I added him back we both agreed on $1500. It wasn't like I said take it or leave it.
  12. Enstage

Steam:
    OK, thanks. Just trying to get in contact with the victim. Will give them a couple of days. I'll let you know if there's anything else.
  13. paul 7

Steam:
    Ok sure, anything else I'd be happy to provide if available.
  14. Enstage

Steam:
    I've been unable to contact the victim, I will mark this for review by an admin.

Thanks.

Hidden Content:
  15. paul 7

Steam:
    Ok, thanks for the update
  16. Enstage

Steam:
    Private notes:
    Hidden Content:
  17. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @paul 7 I'm assuming you paid the user back Paypal which isn't an acceptable form of repayment per Appeals policy here so that is an issue to start with.
    Then you claim you did but you say you deactivated the account for being under aged so that is another problem because your basically saying you can't prove it.
    You can ask Paypal to restore the account and see what happens however that isn't our problem if you can't.
    Once restored you can provide up to 7 years of a downloaded CVS file to give details of transactions
    Without you clearly showing the user was repaid as you stated I'm afraid that I will accept this report and you will be tagged here as you are or did clearly commit a scam.
    If you can provide what I asked for in a form of proving you repaid the user we may consider a lesser tag with the amount of time and a few other factors yet to be determined.

What I asked for above is not going to be negotiated in any form and must be proven to conclude this report one way or another.
    I'm giving you a formal 2 week notice then it will be handled.
  18. paul 7

Steam:
    No I didn't de-activate my paypal account, they asked for proof to identify myself and due to the information I sent them they deleted my account because I was underage. And when I was repaying them I obviously didn't have these rules in mind as I wasn't even aware of my steamrep until recently. I don't believe it's fair that if need be I'd need to provide another form of repayment.
  19. paul 7

Steam:
    I'm not sure how else I'm able to prove this. I will try contacting paypal and see if they're able to re-instate the account. even if im not able to I find it completely unfair that the victim and I agreed on an amount that I would be for compensation yet I still receive the same repercussions as if I hadn't done so.
  20. paul 7

Steam:
    As I was about to message them to re-instate the account I came across this:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.