1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Cholga~

Cholga~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:116635907
    So, I've been getting invites from a bunch of "Competitive Players". Which is a new type of thing for me so im not entirely sure whether it is legit or not. I haven't clicked any links or whatnot that they've posted because I don't click links I haven't already had in my browser before.

But what they all have in common is that they ask for my tf2 class main, and post a link to a site for "competitive gaming".

Not sure if links are allowed so im just gonna post a screenshot. Since I don;t know whether or not its a scam attempt I am not reporting this. Just want a little insight.
    (I've been dealing with things like this for like 2-3 years now, but this one is really new to me).
    Capture.JPG
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Phishing attempt - report the user to Valve and remove them if you feel its a bad link in anyway.
  3. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Festive Kirliazkrieg Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24380742
    Is this the right place to ask why my thread was archive?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please be patient, some staff can only answer some specific questions where as others can not.
  5. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Steam:
    Okay :) I am sorry for intruding
  6. KozyKozik | BitSkins.com

KozyKozik | BitSkins.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66981232
    Hi, can you please delete my account as well as any posts that are linked to my account? This is for security reasons. Thank you.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry we do not delete accounts nor do we delete content.
    Should you have any other concerns you can use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of this screen.
  8. KozyKozik | BitSkins.com

KozyKozik | BitSkins.com New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66981232
    "Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion." - Well you do delete content, under your own discretion. What do I have to do to have this deleted then?
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You need to make contact using the Contact Us link at the bottom.
    You asked about deleting account, deleting what you posted and we will not do that as in staff here.
    So you will need to make a Contact us attempt and explain exactly in great detail as to why you wish to have this request and then be patient and wait for a response.
    Thanks!
  10. Weazel

Weazel Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83164687
    It has been 3 years since my appeal I'm begging for some help.
  11. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Do not bump your appeal, and do not use this thread to talk about your appeal.
  12. krude

krude New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:141865499
    What do I do when multiple scammers (both banned on SteamRep) are trying to get revenge on me by repeatedly bombarding my CashRep with -reps??? One of them is a higher level, has more years of experience, and WAY more CSGO hours than me and makes it look like I scammed him out of a knife when in reality, HE scammed ME out of it. I'm desperate at this point.
  13. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Steamrep is not affiliated with CashRep. You should ask your questions there.
  14. BigMan

BigMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:180045092
    Hello. Does steamrep accept reports with Russian chat? And the screenshots I also have in Russian. Or should I translate them into English and send them?
  15. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    We can't accept either sorry. Accepting reports in other languages would require that we maintain staff who speak those languages. What if the user appeals their ban in 4 or 5 years time? We have to have staff available to be able to handle that. Also, we unfortunately can't trust user provided translations, since we can't verify their accuracy.
  16. BigMan

BigMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:180045092
    Thanks for the answer. I am a representative of the Russian community. I am sure that Russian users are also often deceived. And I believe that they also deserve justice. Can I help you with checking Russian reports? I fully assure you of the honesty of my work and we could discuss this cooperation
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry, we only accept reports in English and the evidence must be in English due to policy we've had in place for years.
    You are welcome to report to Valve instead.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
  18. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Steam:
    Hello! I would like to ask why my thread was archive? Do I make a new one?
  19. a Gentleman

Steam:
    @Festive Kirliazkrieg You have received three warnings.

1. For asking a question for a third time after it has already been answered.
    2. For inquiring about a specific appeal in an unrelated thread.
    3. For bumping your appeal in: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...-kirliazkrieg-sop-caution.191917/#post-516418

Any further infractions may result in a forum cooldown or ban being placed on your account. Please read all the rules and guidelines for each forum BEFORE posting.

Update:
    The warnings given above have been rescinded by a SteamRep admin. I would like to apologize for issuing them in the first place. You were right to inquire here, as your situation is unique and deserves a response.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members, SteamRep Partner SCAs).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2020
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  20. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I'll make sure someone gets back to you shortly on your next steps. Sorry for the confusion.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**