1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. GeorgeGao99

GeorgeGao99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:96086187
    Is it possible to remove my account entirely from steamrep?
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    No, we don't delete accounts or content unfortunately. If you have concerns about this you can use the "Contact Us" link in the bottom right of this forum.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi, I want to apologize for how the moderator responded to you here. We don't allow discussion of specific cases in the general discussion forum, because we're worried it would either drown out legitimate discussion of other topics, or turn into favoritism for those we do/don't allow. Absent any other clear course of action, your question is still a valid and logical one that is not deserving of any disciplinary action, so I rescinded the moderator's warnings and redacted his response. Sorry for the mistreatment.

Without getting into any details on your specific case, if a partner community (like SourceOP, who issued your tag) is not giving you a fair chance at appealing (e.g. not allowing you to appeal), or has a clear and documented case of bias, you can submit an Appeal Review here. After submitting, a SteamRep admin who has never had any prior involvement with your case will generally make an impartial decision on whether to allow a new appeal by an admin who was never involved with your case before, or if other extenuating circumstances apply such as with a partner community, what other remedial action to take (e.g. corrective action with partner). Read the terms over carefully before submitting, because appeal reviews are not appeals, can't be used for a "2nd chance", and you only get one chance. Link to appeal reviews: https://forums.steamrep.com/forms/appeal-review.13/respond
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Festive Kirliazkrieg Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24380742
    I did not get this tag? the steam rep is saying i am an alternate account of my sibling and which i am not... and it gave me the "sop caution" because it marked me as an alternative account for some reason
  5. Enstage

Steam:
    Look at point #13 here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/#post-365908

This is something that should be brought up in an appeal, not here. If you feel your appeal was improperly handled, use the "Appeal Review" procedure that Lava outlined above.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Bonk Scouterson

Bonk Scouterson Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29259666
    Let me clarify immediately than I am not trying to do any of the following:
    -Harass Administrators/Moderators about a specific appeal.
    -Change the outcome of my previous appeal. (I'm well aware all appeals are final and decisions are conclusive.)

Greetings and good morning, to all of you fine folks over here at SteamRep.
    I come to you today to post in this thread, I do not wish to inconvenience or occupy your time too much. I have a few questions related to a denied appeal roughly around 6 months ago now, and where to go from here.
    For some context, the appeal I'm referring to is available here: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198018785061
    I'm truly at an impasse though. I can't put into words just how much I love this game and community, I have been an active player for roughly 11 years now. I don't believe myself to be entitled, but I beg that an admin gives me an opportunity to ask some questions.
    I would do anything, after having this tag for almost an entire decade, to get it removed and be given an opportunity to trade without the protective elements of the community restricting me and still affiliating me with something that I did as a child.
    The catalyst for me writing this post was my alternate account being marked and banned, the one I provided the links to in my appeal. I participated in no malicious activity to receive this ban, but regardless of who I am now, the trading I do, and the people I interact with, that one sole mistake is what people use to paint me as a person. I'm still getting banned from community servers, trading websites and being affiliated with people I dislike just as much as the community does.
    After the appeal was initially denied I attempted to add an admin with some inquiries, but I was unaware of this threads' existence. I can also imagine it gets frustrating to have numerous people adding you over similar topics.
    With the emotional rhetoric out of the way, I implore you to see the appeal for yourself, I am genuine and have nothing to hide.
    To keep it brief, the questions I would like to ask are:
    "What circumstances are justifiable for a review of a past appeal?"
    "What avenues do I have available to me once an appeal is denied?"
    And with that, I bring this post to a close. Admins and moderators of SteamRep, I would sincerely appreciate it if one of you would provide me 10-20 minutes of your time. I don't want to agitate or inconvenience any of you. which is why I've selected this avenue to go down.
    I wish you all a pleasant day, and for all of you to stay safe during these critical times.
    -Jack.
  7. Enstage

Steam:
    None. You only get one appeal, see point #11 https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/#post-365906

If you feel your appeal has been handled unfairly. For example if the admin who handled your appeal had a clear conflict of interest (like they handled the report that got you banned), you then may have a case for an Appeal Review. Again, see point #11 https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/#post-365906 as it outlines the circumstances under which an appeal review may be considered.
  8. Bonk Scouterson

Bonk Scouterson Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29259666
    I appreciate the timely response. May I be able to have a dialogue with a staff member about policy?
    I'll ask the question here regardless.
    If policy is the reason I'm banned, on a means of principle to retain the integrity of SteamRep's appeal process, would there be any exception to my case, under any circumstances?
    Was SteamRep's policy on real world currency trading present at the time I was banned, around 3000 days ago?
    Would a call to review an appeal be taken seriously if my reasoning was review of policy in relation to time frame?

I believe I could present a new argument that would provide an alternate perspective of my initial appeal, to do with the time frame of me being banned, and SteamRep's policy at the time. I am hesitant to do this however, as it is truly my last opportunity, but I'm losing opportunities with this tag at this point. It doesn't represent me, or the activities I partake in, and I believe a caution better reflects the nature of what I have done in the past.
    Regardless, I believe my appeal was judged using SteamRep's current policy. For context, the ban was for a stolen item, for real world currency. At the time of the trade, no currency was transferred, or moved in any way shape or form (Which means no currency was stolen or lost), I took the item and returned it within a span of 3 hours. (All the statements I make here can be referenced to in my appeal as linked above.)

If you've read to this point, thank you again. I only wish to return to the trading community, and the wider TF2 Community as a whole.
    -Jack.
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Bonk Scouterson You were given a response with clear instructions - this is not a location to continue to argue/point out disagreements with the decision.
    No Staff will not have dialogue directly with you over this as that is not procedure. The information you were given is not a redo of any sort so be sure you read and understand exactly what you are presenting.
    Please refrain from replying more for this situation as this is again not the location for that nor is creation of any discussion thread.
    This applies to here as well since it it is in this section:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    Thanks!
  10. Festive Kirliazkrieg

Festive Kirliazkrieg Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24380742
    How I can remove "alternative account" from my steamrep? it is my sibling account... we have been trying to remove this all of this year
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. Tober (Dick Ripper)

Tober (Dick Ripper) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33379464
    Is there any way I can make a special appeal review from an admin? This steamrep ban which happened when I was 15, and I am now 23, soon to be 24, is hindering me from even playing public TF2 community servers. I'd like to talk with an admin because this really does seem like it would be a special circumstance type of thing. My initial ban happened because I was a dumb kid abusing the VERY early Steam Trade system, and nobody was even affected, nobody lost any items, and I've been banned for 9 years almost. I really just want to be able to join custom and community servers that aren't even trade related without being autobanned before client info is sent.
  12. Enstage

Steam:
    As you've been told, you only get one appeal, once you have used it, you are out of options, end of story.

Appeal reviews are only meant for when the appeal itself has been mishandled (for example, if it was handled by the same admin who handled the report, as policy states it should be different admins), not because you disagree with the decision.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. BR4NI5_SvK ツ

BR4NI5_SvK ツ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63513703
    Who I need to contact to get unban from steamrep forum (appeals)? Thanks
  14. Enstage

Steam:
    You've already used your one appeal. Nothing more you can do.
  15. BR4NI5_SvK ツ

Steam:
    And what about that lazy admin, who dont answer on my single question and just like bot copy and paste same phrase? So why is he admin when he dont want to help someone..? Its better to scam someone and then choose "I will never scam again" and thats it. Than dont scam someone, get conection to random alt acc without any reason, and discuss something with this admin team. Take an example from Sjru, best admin I ever met, from all of you guys.
  16. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nobody here is lazy, we all have a lot going on and we volunteer our time. Based on what I saw you were clearly declined for lack of followup
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...ツ-br4ni5_svk-csgo500-com-banned-by-sr.136771/
    You were asked to provide evidence that you were hijacked back in 2016 (4 years ago) and then replied to again to follow up July 11th 2018 and given 2 weeks notice then.
    The Appeal was Rejected nearly a year later not 2 weeks so you had ample time to respond.

You proceeded to create another appeal knowing or should have known you can only appeal ONCE here per policy.
    This was created here
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198087293134-br4ni5_svk-banned-by-sr.191751/

You were told you already appealed and were denied from the previous appeal.

You then created one just a week ago here (attempt #3)
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...br4ni5_svk-trading-knife-banned-by-sr.193654/

You were clearly told this:
    Those instructions can't be anymore clear that you still failed to provide any proof that you were hijacked as asked nearly 4 years ago on the very first appeal attempt.
    Along with that reminder you were told it was the third invalid appeal attempt and that you were clearly given a LAST OPPORTUNITY since you failed to provide proof of your claim...that means ONE more..that's it.

You then no more than a few hours later on the same day without any thought and without again any proof of your hijacking claim submitted yet another appeal here:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads...br4ni5_svk-trading-knife-banned-by-sr.193658/

You were told this:
    That wasn't anyone being lazy and not any bot like response from that Admin... not only did they really give you all the time in the world (nearly 4 years to obtain what you were supposed to provided) but they spent time on all those appeal attempts that could have been spent helping someone else.
    The end result is you are/were blocked from future appeals submissions after the clear warning given.

The end result was that of your own doing.
  17. BR4NI5_SvK ツ

Steam:
    • General discussion is not a place for arguing specific cases.
    So why he cant answer me with something like this? "You need proof from steam support that your account was hijacked, just ask this on support and let me know." Why Sjru can do this so easy and another admin cant? I got from support that my account is clear and never been stolened, so I now know that something bad is with "my" alt acc, but now I cant do nothing with this information. It was so easy to told me that and I would do my best. But when I dont know what I must do, what is that "proof" how can I send something when I dont know what it means. And this nobody was able to say me for like 3 appeals... I create a lot of appeals beceause I dont know how to contact someone in other way. After forum ban I just try to search some admin twitter or something like this and there I ask him for help or just ask him to answer to my question which admin on my appeals dont do.This is for what Im mad, for nothing else. But thanks for your long message.
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm really sorry for your alleged hijacking experience. No system is perfect, and without making any judgement to your specific case, sometimes innocent people do fall through the cracks in this or other systems. That's especially sad for hijacking victims who we cannot prove/disprove reclaimed their account - and can't even be sure whether the account is now in the hands of its rightful owner, or a scammer attempting to whitewash himself from past fraud before going on another scamming spree. Unfortunately, SteamRep has very, VERY strict policies and guidelines on what our admins can or cannot do. Because those guidelines are intended to hold our own staff accountable and guarantee fair and equal treatment, and they're directed at our own staff due to past public backlash and allegations of misconduct, nobody on our staff has any wriggle room to be flexible on them. When a policy prohibits us from something like allowing a second appeal for someone complaining about the outcome of their case because we feel bad about their individual situation, we really can't make an exception, no matter how much we want to, or how bad we feel about it. Our hands are tied, in that we could genuinely be called out for favoritism if we started making exceptions. All we are allowed to do is point out the FAQ which states specific cases may not be discussed in the General Discussion forum, and explain why if necessary.

Sjru is not an appeals admin, and as such does not work in appeals. I was not involved in his conversation, so I can only assume he was trying to be polite and helpful. If he went any further than that, then I'm afraid he stepped out of line. However, because he does not work in appeals, his word is not binding when it comes to removing tags or handling appeals, and the appeals admin who handled your case 100% trumps whatever hopefully generic advice Sjru gave you.

As has been pointed out already, everyone is allowed to appeal once. That's the only chance you get. It may seem unduly harsh, but there are a number of reasons for that policy, which evolved over the course of years based on various edge cases, in our best effort to be fair and equal to everyone, but also practical (e.g. appeals admin must never have worked your case before to avoid bias, allowing re-appeals would be impractical while following that policy). If you blow that chance for any reason, that's on you, and you're out of options. Once your appeal is denied, the tag can never be removed.

To clarify that, however, there is an additional stopgap measure, which probably doesn't apply to you. If your appeal is clearly and demonstrably mishandled, or you have a clear-cut set of extenuating circumstances (e.g. same admin denied your appeal anyway, and had a documented conflict of interests, violating our own policy), you can request to have your first appeal invalidated through an appeal review process, which would allow you to re-submit. Appeal reviews are not second appeals, and focus solely on whether your appeal was properly handled, or evaluating claims of alleged admin misconduct, to decide whether you should have a 2nd appeal without looking at the case itself. Attempting to argue your case, explain why the admin's decision was wrong, or plead for a second chance because you messed up the first time, will automatically disqualify you. Furthermore, just like appeals, they are also once-per-lifetime, so you should consider carefully whether to submit this form in your rage and risk closing that door in the event our policies should happen to retroactively change in the future. If you truly believe this applies to you, and your case was grossly mishandled or you truly have extenuating circumstances, you can fill out this form. Pay very close attention to which menu selection you pick, and be prepared to back it up with evidence (you can't change it after the fact), or you may be disqualified automatically and void your right to an appeal review.

You have been warned several times about using the General Discussion section to push for a favorable outcome in your specific case. If you need anything I just explained clarified, that's fine, but if you attempt to leverage your specific case again, I will have no choice but to ban you from the forums. Once banned, you'll have to wait out the ban before you can even attempt an appeal review, if it's not permanent. Please don't force my hand, I don't want to do that.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  19. BR4NI5_SvK ツ

Steam:
    Thank you for your answer, Sjru just help me with explonation, like what is "hijacked" what is that "proof", I didnt know what does it mean, what I need to give to Admin. And Sjru just said that I need contact steam support and ask them for account check. I got that answer from steam very quickly and I can post it here (Picture 1). I now know that my account could not be used by another person without my knowledge in that time when I got banned. I had steamguard, so If someone maybe had my steam informations, he still doesnt have code to log in. That alt acc that Im connetcted with, has 24 alt accounts and my acc its among them (Picture 2). So I now know that I wasnt hijacked, something bad its just with that alt acc. That alt acc was banned. because he scam someone with unusual TF2 items. In my trade history I never had item like this, I never had unusual in my inventory. And to that you're not sure if this is my account or "Im" still that scamer. I have several trade histories like "road to knife" and other, I have a lot of +REP in my comment section. And I never get in that time any negative comments on myself, that Im scaming, or get some friendrequsets, trade offers. And I never seend reports or some proofs that my account scam someone. That alt acc has some appeals with reports on his steamrep profile, but my account dont. So this ban came to me from nowhere. And If I wanted to scam someone I still can, I still can trade, I still have connection to Facebook, steam groups and so. But I dont need that. I just now buy knife and I want again start trade, because for me its fun, the only thing that bothers me about this ban its that I cannot log in on some trading sites, like cs.money, csgotraders.net, some trading sub reddits, because Im banned on steam rep. But think about it, If Im still scammmer with stolened account (this account), why I dont do scams now? If I want I can do it (I dont want it, its just like example :) ) So what I can do now? I know I chose bad appeal section (I chose hijacked) What do you think? Can we focus on that alt acc? Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      90.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      88.6 KB
      Views:
  20. BR4NI5_SvK ツ

Steam:
    Or can I contact you private somehow? Just only if you want to help me somehow, I just dont want to spam my terriible english here. Thanks

Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2020