1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198329372268 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Kritical, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kritical

Kritical Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30998367
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198329372268

Victim profile: 76561198022262463

What happened? Description:
    Scammer was a guy named Max or also by the name mxwong who I have bought from many times in the past for thousands of dollars. The deal was 2 Dragonclaw hooks and 50 Arcs for 1875 total, 500 per hook, 17.5 per arc, this is a common price. Arranged a deal and sent payment for $1875 USD in btc, initially told me issues with the supplier after the usual wait period of 30 mins, continued saying issues with the supplier. I gave it benefit of the doubt with his fake excuse, but after a couple hours I knew I was likely scammed. 12 hours later got no messages, blocked, deleted, and scammer switched up profile. He had post on reddit before is how I initially found him, he did deals with some big traders, had 5 pages of cash rep, I have around 4000 in previous successful transactions with him before this. I just want to mark his account so it might save someone else in the future.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshot_4 shows the initial agreement. Screenshot_3 shows where we continue the transaction and I pay. Screenshot_2 shows where I gave it some benefit of the doubt and then realized what happened. Screenshot_5 and Screenshot_6 shows that this is indeed the same person and is from other separate transactions with them 1-2 months ago. Screenshot_7 shows what their profile now looks like, directly from clicking link in trade history, after they keep resetting and editing profile.​

Attached Files:

2. Kritical

Steam:
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    CSGORep mod here. User edited their cashrep to remove/obscure all identifying information. I'm recusing myself from this report as I've had them added before.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need the BTC address you gave the user showing exactly that in the screenshot posted here and
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.
  5. Kritical

Steam:
    Screenshot_8 shows my recent trade history. Screenshot_10 shows his URL from an older trade on trade history.

Attached Files:

6. Kritical

Steam:
    Screenshot_11 shows an email from my exchange confirming my transaction to his btc address.

Attached Files:

7. Kritical

Steam:
    Sorry I realized there was confusion, I was buying from him, he was the seller in this situation, in the first screenshot there is confusion, where he says what I am circling, he was quoting what I initially asked to buy from him days before that.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I still need the BTC address posted here as I requested.
    We do NOT review edited screenshots either so that last one was pointless.
  9. Kritical

Steam:
    I didn't give him my btc address, he gave me his btc address and I sent him btc, the only btc address anywhere in chat logs is his in screenshot_3.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok? And I still need that address pasted here so I can use it. I'm not going to sit here and type it out from that screenshot.
  11. Kritical

Steam:
    bc1qgw9kapwjfns0lpes8j90xgq3vec5jt46e6u7rw
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok and can you blockchain a screenshot and explain which was your transaction?
  13. Kritical

Steam:

Attached Files:

14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.