1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198103216081 (Fester)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ☆Woof Mcfly☆, Jun 27, 2020.

1. ☆Woof Mcfly☆

☆Woof Mcfly☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71475176
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: New evidence not produced in your original appeal
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198103216081-conan-banned-by-sr.142958/

Steam profile: 76561198103216081 (Fester)

Make your case:
    Note before starting: **I had 2 steam alt accounts that were banned as well but I didn't find a place in this appeal review to place in, but they're banned under my steamrep profile.

Dear SteamRep,

I have now turned 18. It's been 5 years since my permanent ban and marking as a scammer and roughly 4 years since my appeal. Here is a little summary as to what happened:

When I was 13, I scammed someone on TF2 by telling them I'd pay them for an Australium flamethrower through PayPal after they would give me the item through steam trade. The moment I got his item, I took off out of pure greed and never intended to pay him. However, when I found out he filed a report on me through SteamRep, I decided to repay him fully as confirmed in the SteamRep case. And as obvious, I was marked as a scammer and banned from all tf2 services as deserved.

Following it out of frustration and sadness, I filed an appeal which was denied due to RWC scams not being accepted for appeals. And there, I was banned from everything.

I came across the fact that when the scam took place, I never actually had a paypal account since I was underage (13) and you've got to be 18 years old to hold a paypal account. And no real world currency or money was involved in the process of the scam whatsoever, other than me simply taking his in-game TF2 items and running away with it, then refunding him later on with equivalent TF2 items in which he confirmed he was fully paid.

I know I'm probably the worst breed of users you've got to deal with on your website as you see me as just another obnoxious scammer who's asking for forgiveness. I have been banned for 5 years now and taken off TF2 servers permanently ever since as deserved. Now that I am older and I'm going to university, holding a job and a solid mental state, I have grown to understand my mistake. I am simply asking for forgiveness and hope I can get a second chance to appeal for my situation as my case did not involve real world currency in my case.

Thank you for reading this Sir/Madame,

Fester​

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      290 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      228.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The fact that you also violated the terms of service for PayPal in the process of committing your scam does not qualify as new evidence, because it's between you and PayPal, and not related to the scam in question. Even if it were, then having done something else wrong doesn't give you any special reason for extra consideration. It doesn't excuse you, it just adds to the point this was pre-meditated, meaning you planned on scamming someone from the start, and then followed through with your plan to steal what you took.

There absolutely was real-world money involved. You promised to pay in real-world money, and then refused to follow through, never having intended to pay from the beginning. Just because you didn't have the money, or means to pay, doesn't excuse you from offering to pay with real-world money.

The rest of your plea amounts to begging for another chance to demonstrate a change of heart. Your policy was denied by policy, due to the nature of scam involved, and nothing here refutes that. Regardless of how I or any other admins feel about that particular policy, a "change of heart" appeal cannot be granted for something pre-meditated like what you described. Appeals for some "less serious" scams are sometimes granted, but we don't grant "change of heart" appeals for those who fully planned on stealing like this.

Any other new evidence that wasn't considered in your appeal?
  3. ☆Woof Mcfly☆

☆Woof Mcfly☆ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71475176
    Sorry for my late reply, as I had personal things to deal with IRL.

I do not see how I violated the terms of service for Paypal when I didn't even have a Paypal account at that time. 5 years ago, I was 13, and you need to be 18 to create one. I can send my ID as proof of my age. To follow and agree with the terms of service of Paypal, you need to agree to the terms of services through the creation of an account. Something I have not done considering I couldn't even make an account.

And as for the rest, I have nothing else to say. I have been very patient for many years and repaid the guy way from the beginning and was simply hoping for another chance.

Thank you for your time and consideration..
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Alright, I'll concede I misread that.

However, my point was that is between you and Paypal, and has nothing to do with us or your victim. Whether you had a Paypal account at the time or not (or were legally eligible for one - how the hell was your victim supposed to know that?), the fact of the matter is you went into this trade, from the very beginning, fully intent on scamming, and then carried out said plan. That kind of pre-meditated scam is a cut above scamming someone in a momentary lapse of judgement over greed, and well within the "too serious to consider change of heart pleas for" territory.

"Didn't have a paypal account to scam with" doesn't change the material facts of your case - you promised someone money for their items, absolutely intent on scamming from the beginning, and then followed through with those plans before you got banned. Whether you had an account or not, you still scammed someone, and you still never planned on paying in the first place. If you didn't have Paypal, you shouldn't have offered, and you shouldn't have taken their items. That non-payment is still considered a real-world currency case, so even if your case were amended accordingly with special permission to re-appeal, admins would still be unable to consider it.

Appeal decision is upheld, and your appeal review is denied. You may not submit any new appeals or appeal reviews.