1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198146566855 (♡OylOwl♡)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Night Owl 2, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Night Owl 2

Night Owl 2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:93150563
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: New evidence not produced in your original appeal
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198146566855-♡oylowl♡-banned-by-sr.194095/

Steam profile: 76561198146566855 (♡OylOwl♡)

Make your case:
    The appeal I submitted a year ago was a mess of an appeal. I didn't do any research and didn't collect any evidence at all, so now about 9 months later, I decided to reappeal and collect some evidence of this case, but in the policy I noticed that I may not reappeal again. At that point I was sad until I read further ahead that my reappeal had new screenshots that my steam account was hijacked and that's why I decided to submit a appeal review​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    A "new evidence" plea applies to something that wasn't yet uncovered during your original appeal, through no fault of your own. For example, if you pleaded innocence in your original appeal, were denied because the admin felt the evidence against you was strong enough to support the tag, and later on the person who reported you as a scammer was banned by SteamRep for submitting fake reports with doctored evidence, the "reporter was banned for fake evidence" plea would qualify. In that hypothetical circumstance, the situation would be consistent with your original story, and there would be enough reasonable doubt about your guilt to re-assess your case and further scrutinize the reports and evidence against you. You'd link the cases, and answer any questions from the admin in your review if they come up.

In your case,
    1. You first claimed you were never involved with the scam in question; that the reporter had a mistaken identity.
    2. Admin asked you for clarification or to explain how this was possible, citing how the ID was validated before issuing your tag. This would've been your opportunity to point out a mistake from the report admin, if applicable.
    3. You changed your story to claim your account was involved after all, but it was stolen from you.
    4. Admin asked you for evidence to support your claim, within less than 12 hours. Note that appeals are usually denied automatically for lying, so this is an extra courtesy he offered you despite changing your story.
    5. You abandoned your appeal, and never provided said evidence. Not even a reply asking for more time or trying to explain things.
    6. The admin then denied your appeal for (a) lying (changing story) and (b) failure to follow up.
    In order to overturn his decision, you need to address both (a) and (b).
    • For (a), please explain why you lied, or prove you were telling the truth, throughout your entire appeal process. Lying is an automatic disqualifier, has been throughout SteamRep's existence, and does not qualify as an extenuating circumstance.
    • For (b), please explain why you did not follow up once the admin replied, less than a full day later, with even so much as a reply.
  3. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
  4. Night Owl 2

Steam:
    (A) Why I lied : throughout my previous appeal, I did not do any research on why I was banned. I was too immature to do any of it. So I thought I was genuinely falsely ban by a wrong steamid because the same thing happened to me by Mr. Scott who I was hijacked by. ( I am sorry this whole thing happen in the first place cause I was not careful enough not to be hijack by him)

(B) Why I did not follow up once the admin replied/abandoned my appeal : I did not have my email notifications turned on and forgot about it in less than a day. ( I am still frustrated to myself for abandoning my appeal and not doing any research and not collect any evidence and I am sorry.)

I hope this will explain the things you have asked. Thank you for your service in this community.
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    If you had notifications turned off, then how did you see the admin's initial response? You didn't abandon the appeal until after he asked you for evidence to support your claim.
  6. Night Owl 2

Steam:
    I only checked it once during that day, after I reply I forgot. Hope this was the answer you were hoping for. Thank you for reading this.
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    So you didn't care enough about the tag to keep checking for replies? And conveniently happened to quit checking right after the admin asked you to provide evidence in support of your claims? When you fill out an appeal form, you are automatically subscribed to the thread by default, with both forum and email notifications enabled. That has been in place since we first created the form (prior to that, appellants posted threads directly). If you disabled those notifications for whatever reason, then it's your responsibility.

I'm sorry, but since I'm left with only your own word as evidence, I cannot honor this as a reason to re-appeal. This isn't a new development on your case, you're just unhappy the admin denied your appeal (and that we don't allow multiple appeals) because you were unwilling to cooperate the first time. I'm sorry you don't like the outcome of your appeal, and I'm sorry you don't like being labeled as a scammer, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else who abandoned their appeals once they got called out for evidence if I made an exception and gave you special permission to re-appeal because you didn't take it seriously the first time.

Before I close this, do you have any other new developments that weren't available when you made your first appeal?
  8. Night Owl 2

Steam:
    I am sad to say that I don't have any other developments that I wasn't available when I made my first appeal because I want to tell the truth, even though this is my final stand of my appeal to be accepted. This is the end of my appeal. I am sorry to waste your time. Thank you for your service to me and to this community. You may now close this appeal review.