1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198050358122 - (Aimbot.exe / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Rubick Best Hero AU, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Rubick Best Hero AU

Rubick Best Hero AU New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45046197
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198050358122 (Aimbot.exe)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: SweetCriminal
    | steam3ID: [U:1:135719474]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:67859737
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095985202
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198095985202

Appeal description:
    I was Banned due to attempted Scamming in TF2. this ban was given 1045 days ago. I no longer play TF2 and have no intention of scamming again. i now mostly play Dota 2 and CS:GO. both of these games feature websites linked to the game such as CS:GO Lounge. It has since come to my attention that due to my SR ban i am unable to use some features of these websites. i do not have much else to say other than that this attempted scam happened a very long time ago and i would simply like to use the features on these websites and that i have zero intention of attempting to scam again. i have definitely learnt a lesson here and now the consequences from mistakes made in TF2 are holding my gaming back in other games.​
  2. Rubick Best Hero AU

Rubick Best Hero AU New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45046197
    If there is any questions that need clearing up feel free to comment them, i am happy to talk to any admin/moderator about any part of this apppeal.
  3. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
  4. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Giving you two more weeks.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    There is nothing in this appeal to suggest a change of heart, only that you want to get back into trading without people or websites treating you as someone who cannot be trusted. Furthermore, you failed to repay your victims before appealing (required), and did not document any reasonable attempts to repay before appealing. Then, on top of that, failed to reply to questions about your case from an appeals admin once you were called out on an undisclosed alt account. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience grant your "change of heart" appeal and remove your tag. By policy, I should deny your appeal up front just for that.

However, as an admin handling your appeal, I also have a duty to ensure the evidence against you is solid. Due to our strict evidence requirements, and the fact that evidence for your original report from 2012 is no longer intact, I cannot uphold the original tag, deserved as it may have been.

Since the only thing you care about today is getting back into trading, and you're still not sorry for what you did even after 3 years, I believe the community has a right to know you scammed. With that attitude, you might go right back to scamming again, and the offense itself wasn't even in dispute. Normally I'd be more lenient with someone who was honest and up front about their history, but as a middleground between these two conundrums, I am downgrading your tag to CAUTION instead of removing outright for the lack of evidence.

Keep in mind that being reported for further fraud while marked with CAUTION, with a history of scamming, will leave you with much less benefit of the doubt. Be very careful and open/honest in your transactions, and keep good records of large transactions in case there are any disputes.