1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198036003162 - (Mono / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Trickster≠, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Trickster≠

Trickster≠ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37868717
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198036003162 (Mono)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I've appealed my case numerous years ago but around that time the new process for appealing bans by defunct communities wasn't introduced yet.

I received the SR ban tag along with the UTC ban and I wonder if I need to make a case for that one as well to get rid of it.

In my previous ban appeals I've explained the situation leading to me fake-repping a scammer.
    I was young & stupid, and an impersonater added me on steam.
    I remember clearly because he copied the profile of one of SteamReps trusted traders, but he didn't add me to trade as far as I remember - so I let my guard down.
    The guy seemed nice and asked that I leave a "+rep" on his profile, considering his status on here I went ahead and did it.

I know it was pretty damn stupid of me to do so without question his motives, but yet again I wasn't even 18 around that time and too nice for my own good.

I'd also like to apologize for getting upset in my previous ban appeals because, frankly, it felt like nobody cared to look into my case or help me out while I've waited numerous months for any breadcrumbs of a response.

SR tells me to appeal at UTC.
    UTC largely ignores my appeal and finally goes defunct a short while later.
    I try again and I'm simply told that I'm required to take care of the UTC tag again.
    A constant back and forth with little to no responses over a comparably minor offense that tagged me as a scammer while I was still very much into TF2.

I hope this new process of handling legacy tags will help me get rid of this blemish on my steam profile.

Thanks!​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You may not appeal your SR tag until your defunct tag is dealt with, you will have to wait.