1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198228400124 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Hostilehero, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hostilehero

Hostilehero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51816213
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198228400124

Victim profile: 76561198063898155

What happened? Description:
    This scammer is trying the so called "fake crown" scam with unexperienced victims and he tried it with me as well. The crown foil sticker is an expensive sticker in csgo (the real one) worth around $500. This item looks like the real one but its just an emoticon which is worth 50 cents. This scam method is clearly targeted to defraud newbies who don't pay attention.
    Please note I blocked the person and don't have a chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    please note that I blocked the scammer after his attempt and have no chat history, but I have the screenshot of the trade​

Attached Files:

2. Hostilehero

Hostilehero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51816213
    Hello, the item is still in his profile as of writing this message. Just click STEAM in his inventory. He only has 2 items, some gems and this "fake" crown

you probably only clicked "CSGO". As I mentioned, this is not an actual CSGO in game item. It is used for this so called "fake crown scam" (this scam has been around since a while, and is targeted at unexperienced people). It is clear that offering a 50 cent item for knives and gloves is an attempt to find gullible people who might mistakenly think this is the actual crown foil sticker (this item: https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Sticker | Crown (Foil) )

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2020
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SR does not get involved with pricing/value disputes - if you do not like the offer decline it and move on.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.