1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

got scammed.. have no idea how

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by QuiZ, Oct 3, 2020.

1. QuiZ

QuiZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39493119
    I have played among us with my friends, and checked my inventory , and saw that almost everything in TF2 and cs go items has gone, i checked my trade history and saw 2 trades with legal TRADEIT.GG bot, and then i saw 1 trade with someone i dont know, which all of my items sent to him. everything , cs go and tf2 items.
    its about 200$ of items in total... I have NO IDEA how that happened, I am not using this site , and i have steam guard on my mobile... , phone number confirmation, email , everthing
    how that happened?
    maybe u can tell ? becuase i have no idea how someone can login and do trades withount my steam guard ,
    i sent ticket to steam, they are going to give my items back?

Its so sad.. really..
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Could have API hijacked - at that point just wait till Valve gets to your ticket.
    I do not know if they would return items - typically they have not but who knows.
    Good luck
    Tumor likes this.
  3. QuiZ

QuiZ New User

Steam:
    I must say everytime if im using a site that require steam login, which is rarley happened, EVERY TIME Im checking this site and make sure its SAFE with "Connection is secure"
    I srsly have no I idea how that happened... I cant stop thinking about it .
    I will wait for valve respond but im hopeless acutally...
  4. QuiZ

QuiZ New User

Steam:
    well, I checked the logon history and saw that my account hacked, someone logged in from RU, every 15 minutes , using bot i suppose
  5. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    Did you happen to sign into a website that might've been suspicious? I would also make sure to clear your steam API keys here https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey, if there are any API keys revoke them since they were most likely placed by the scammer. I would also go to your steam account setting by going to the top left (if you're in the steam application) and click steam>settings>account>Manage Steam-guard security>deauthorize all other devices. This prevents the scammer from being able to retain login info. And of course I'm sure you changed your password. Hopefully this helps secure your account from any future scams and hopes that valve will grant your support ticket.

If you happen to be on web browser click on your profile for the dropdown then click preferences>Account Details>Under account security click manage steam-guard> Deauthorize all other devices
  6. QuiZ

QuiZ New User

Steam:
    yea I already did all of that, thanks

I see now that i got emails on 30/9 that someone changed my mobile guard to another device, with my SMS codes from my mobile
    dam, how the hell he got this information. the first thing im doing now is to restore my phone , maybe virus or something that my anti virus and malware byte cant find, idk
    its so weird
  7. QuiZ

QuiZ New User

Steam:
    format my phone* meant to say
  8. HighFrog

HighFrog New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43763917
    that guy did it to mee he fake bp.tf website and i did not know that he took everything for my inv feel ya pain