1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Removing Fraud Tag on Profile

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DeathByPants, Oct 10, 2020.

1. DeathByPants

DeathByPants Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40636201
    Two years ago I got scammed and lost access to my steam account. I was able to get everything sorted out by the end of the night but I stopped playing TF2 after that. It wasn't until recently that I started playing again came to learn that my profile was reported for trade fraud. I know that it happened during that time because I had friends message me about people posing to be me and then scam them. Is there anyway I can get this fixed?
  2. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
  3. Bonk Scouterson

Bonk Scouterson Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29259666
    As schmed mentioned, your best option is to appeal the ban. Given the alleged context behind your ban, you are going to have the burden of proof on you. This will require you to build a case around the hijacking of your account, including evidence such as Steam Support tickets to demonstrate you're the owner of the account, and the steps you had undertaken to recover it. As long as you're able to demonstrate that, and give insight into how you were hijacked, and reporting the person responsible, you should be able to have your mark removed. Best of luck.