1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198041538130 - (DeathByPants / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DeathByPants, Oct 10, 2020.

1. DeathByPants

DeathByPants Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40636201
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198041538130 (DeathByPants)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    none​

Appeal description:
    On November 2nd 2018 from 3:27pm to November 3rd, 2018 at 12:42 I had lost access to my steam account. I had fallen victim to a scam due to my own doings. It started with a message from someone on my steam list who'd apparently been compromised. In the process I had lost the majority of my TF2 items and access to my account. the majority of the day was spent contacting steam support to try and fix the error. When I did get my account back a friend reached out to me to ask if it was actually me due to the fact that the person had tried scamming them using my account. I have the emails saved with steam support saved but the links to the messages they send expire after 60 days. I stopped playing TF2 after that for 2 years until recently. It wasn't until mid day today (October 10th, 2020) that I got the notification of my steam rep when joining a UGC server. The closet things I could find were the 2 last emails I received from Valve confirming my change and the new guard code (At the time my steam username was theubersniperjob). It also has the timestamp of the email as proof. Thank you for your time.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you are claiming a hijack, you must provide proof with a steam support ticket, please followup within 2 weeks.
  3. DeathByPants

Steam:
    Here's the the first two emails regarding the support ticket that I had put in. the date and time are on the top left.

I had also found the original thread post from who reported the incident just now. In his post it mentions (what he thought was me at the time) as the accomplice in a scam with someone else named Mr. Ryan. I know that these details should have been in the report but I found this after. the original thread is here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198133104662-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.186266/

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Those are not the support ticket, only the ticket can be used to verify a claim of a hijacking.
  5. DeathByPants

Steam:
    I did some looking around and research and came to find out that steam support tickets are deleted after 6 months after being closed. If this is the case I take it there isn't really any chance?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Added you on steam to get more details, please accept.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. DeathByPants

Steam:
    I just accepted the friend request. Thank you again.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a detailed review and talking to the appealer, it is likely they were actually hijacked and the offense was that of a phishing/hijacking nature with no additional issues reported.

Appeal granted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**