1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Letting people make their own judgement

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Bovi is here, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Bovi is here

Bovi is here New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:542760372
    Hi
    I recently got scammed and knowing that steam rep could prevent others from ending up like me I reported the scammer but unfortunately despite 30 plus screenshots and a recording of the whole steam chat conversation that i had with the scammer I was told "stop waiting our time" ok it doesnt matter but why cant people see the reports I submitted. if its so bullshit then why dont you let others see that its bullshit . why cant my reports be seen by others so that they make their own judgments .I know the owners and the administer of steam rep can do what ever the f✿✿✿ they want with their website I am not here to tell them what they should do and what they shouldnt do with their website I am simply here to ask why, whats their rational whats their reasoning behind it .why wont they let people see the reports that took me 1 hour to complete
    anyways. even though I didnt have a great experience with steam rep ,I am pretty sure that it has saved countless people from getting scammed over the years and if the person who scammed me was banned here it would have also saved me from getting scammed
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    People can still make their own judgment, especially since it was essentially the same report posted again with nothing new added. Anybody can view the original report, anybody can see what you posted, and anyone can use that to inform them when deciding weather to deal with the account.
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    As Roudy noted above...also
    The reports created CAN be seen by others with a simple search - they are always still there but they are reviewed in a timely manner for a few reasons.
    The down side to that is that some people get reported to just get reported thus leaves a blemish upon them so its critical that if the report was found unfounded and lacked proper evidence that it was noted as such so others know that they were never found guilty of any wrong doing by what was provided here.
    Would be as if someone reported you out of the blue for no reason what so ever with a bunch of images they tossed together, I'm sure you would be rather upset knowing that the report would never be deleted/removed and is still searchable.
    The report you had will not be discussed here - as you already created this thread against policy so I will leave it at this with the noted information below:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

We don't just do whatever we want - we follow policy and strict evidence requirements which can all be viewed on the links below:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

Thanks!
  4. Bovi is here

Bovi is here New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:542760372
    you are right I should have taken screen shots . I thought you wouldnt give the option of embedding media when you dont accept any sort of video evidence but I have a crucial piece of evidence that shows that the person in the video is actually the one I am reporting you see the guy left a comment on my profile and I have a screen shot of that comment from a few hours after the scam and you can see that the profile picture and the name of him at the time matches with the profile picture and name of the person in the video the comment he left was posted on nov 9 6:14 and you can still see the comment he left on my profile but that still doesnt make it evident beyond a reasonable doubt and I understand that you guys need solid evidence and honestly not gathering enough evidence was a shortcoming on my part and I apologize for that .
    Is there anyways that I can still access the steam DMs that I had with this guy since he blocked me ?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Once the logs are gone they are gone - there are no getting them back sorry.
    We don't review get friend message logs either per policy on one of the links I already provided.
    We don't review videos either sorry.

You are welcome to report them to Valve if you like instead.
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.