1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    A select few sites/partners on our front page list that may or may not do that anymore. You will have to check on those locations for someone that does.
    We don't list or give out users that would do that as we don't retain that information no longer.
    As for questions about trading you are welcome to ask anything you like as long as it doesn't pertain to getting direct information regarding another user.
    lukehp likes this.
  2. lukehp

lukehp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:181212664
    alright, I'll check them later. Last question lol, how can I contact someone who can give me a value for the skin I have? I know rougly how much it costs but maybe it's rare and I don't know it...
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Same answer applies - SR doesn't get involved with pricing/value of items in anyway.
    You can find the answer to that question with those partner communities.
    lukehp likes this.
  4. lukehp

lukehp New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:181212664
    Alright then! Thanks!
  5. Bilinçsiz Adam

Bilinçsiz Adam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59777850
    hello have a good one I want to ask a question which is how to get a middleman reputation or anything trustworthy reputation I am really interested in that reputation since I am trading for 7 years and I love to being part of this community thank you very much for your attention
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    A quick search would have yielded many results but here is the most recent reply for this particular question
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/please-help-how-can-i-be-middleman.192363/
  7. Danielfiks

Danielfiks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:126277518
    Hi, I got contacted on discord from somebody that they had reported my acount by a mistake.

Is this fake? Any advice?

Attached Files:

8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Fake. One of the most common scams.
  9. superfastsi

superfastsi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:217978883
    How come RWC scams are unappealable? I was reading through ban appeals for fun and I noticed that you guys deny by policy for RWC scams, even if the offender was very young and has most likely changed from when the scam happened. How come RWC scams are any different to normal scams?
  10. Archi

Archi ArchiSteamFarm developer Notable Affiliate - Identity Verified

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23348995
    IIRC you can appeal them as long as it's not the "change of heart" appeal reason type. Whether that makes sense or not as a policy is up to the admins to decide, I can't say that I fully agree with it, but I can see the reasoning why it's in place.
  11. Indian Jesus

Indian Jesus Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56167752
    Hi guys I do have an appeal ongoing to try and reduce my punishment from a banned to caution.(This is not a bumper for my appeal by any means, just need some clarification regarding trading whilst having a steamrep ban) In the meantime whilst I want to purchase items hats, etc can i get my IRL Friend to get the hat and then trade it to me whilst I make the payment. Will it affect him? Although I desire the hats I do not want to affect anyone else and cause them to be tagged as my alt causing them the trouble. The reason I'm asking is because I recently looked at marketplace.tf and was interested in purchasing a hat from : https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hunion/ (Great guy BTW helped me out alot)
    I told him that I am banned on steamrep making it clear to him as I don't want to cause anyone trouble. Whether he is still comfortable trading with me. Unfortunately there's a ruling in backpack.tf stating that he can't trade with me because of the steamrep ban. After reading articles on backpack.tf I see that traders are held to a high standard of 3 strikes of trading with people who have a steamrep ban. Are there any ways temporarily where I can purchase items and maybe trade without causing the seller or another friend any issues just because of my foolish mistake in the past? As I can easily get a friend to purchase the item on behalf and trade it to me, I do not want to cause him to be tagged as an alt or anything. Please advice. Cheers!
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    SteamRep no longer tags for trading with a marked/Banned user.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/
    Partners may block/ban you from their services but not tag you for it IE: BF.TF bans for it if you do beyond a certain amount/value - see their policy with regards to that.
    https://backpack.tf/rules
    https://forums.backpack.tf/topic/70966-new-rules-for-background-checks/
  13. Supreme Pootis™

Supreme Pootis™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37618161
    I have a question about your second appeal policy.

Just recently I tried to reappeal for some stuff I did 8 years ago. I appealed 8 years ago, when I still had the mindset of 8 years ago (being 12 years old). My appeal was automatically declined due to this previous appeal.

Doesn't this seem counterintuitive? This just doesn't make sense to me, so if you guys have a good explanation for it that might help me come to terms with it. However, I simply do not understand this policy and everyone I have talked to also does not understand it.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:

This may assist you
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/
  15. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53625810
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021
  17. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
  18. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    no.
  19. orcaa

orcaa New User

Steam:
  20. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You do not interpret the TOS, the admins do NO POSTINGS or UNLINKING of your account from your forum profile is possible.

asked and answered, NO.
    I will be happy to ban your forum account if you so choose, that is your only option for "closing" your account. Nowhere does it say or imply closing an account also means removing everything related to the account.

END OF LINE