1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198043861093 - (Dumpy Grimbo / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Dumpy Grimbo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Dumpy Grimbo

Dumpy Grimbo Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41797682
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198043861093 (Dumpy Grimbo)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I do not have any other steam accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hello there! I hope this finds you well and in good spirits. I'm here to appeal my bans that I received a while ago as a result of me trying to scam and cheat people when I was younger. When I had committed these offences I was a much younger man than I am today and didn't have the moral foundation or common sense to not commit these actions in the first place, thankfully I had no luck in my endeavors and no one was hurt. I have recently gotten back into tf2 and would love to be able to use the various services such as marketplace.tf and scrap.tf as well as be able to participate in the community again! If there is any other information I can provide for you I'm more than happy to help, thank you for your time!​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The duplicate caution tag has been removed from the profile. The profile notes also have been updated to reflect the offense.

After a review,
    1) It appeals you impersonated another user as they appeared to have a lot of "rep"/were well known. however this user was not green tagged by SR and under currently policy, due to lack of evidence by today's standards, would not be taggable alone (caution worthy for sure tho).
    2) However, while doing so, you solicited the use of a fake/already tagged as banned on SR, middleman, both combined show clear intent and a level of premeditation that I am not willing to consider an appeal for.

Appeal denied.