1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How do you know if you have a pending ban

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by minepi, Oct 2, 2018.

1. minepi

minepi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100134520
    Someone has told me that I have a pending ban from steamrep and Im not sure if he's lying or not. Please help.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No - you do not.
    That is what we refer to here lately as a scam via Extortion or scare tactics to get you to verify items or just scare you into turning over items in some form.
    You can clearly see you are NOT tagged/banned here or reported by looking at your profile here directly.
    Most scammers using this tactic will photo edit your profile to look like that but no - that is a SCAM...do not believe that nonsense.
    If you have full screenshots of the chat submit a report - and/or report the user(s) directly to Valve.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    No such thing as a "pending" ban.
  4. On Process

On Process New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47894408
    I need help there is a guy trying to scam he's saying he's an engineer and when i check him on steamrep there is no status as adminisrator or anything, what should I do? When I remove him and block him he even can unblock and he is my friend even without invitation, also my profile have changed description, profile pic and name is that avanced scam method or he is seriously engineer, he want my items to ..verify'' but idk what should I do about it please help
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No such thing as a Steam Admin - Period.
    Since apparently you requested friend request on my steam to consult about it I'll discuss it there also.

After conversation with you - I had you lock your account down and contact steam support.
    Please make sure you've done that since it sounds as if the account was compromised.
    Thanks!
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  6. NateTheGr8

NateTheGr8 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:521122025
    I had a guy msg me on discord telling me he accidentally reported me and my acc will get suspended if i dont talk to another "valve programmer" and he sent his discord. The "programmer" told me I would have to buy a 50$ gift card to clear my acc but i told him he was a scam and then he sent me a video that looked really scary i sent u a request if u cud accept and check it out it wud be great
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I suggest you block/ignore them - we don't review anything thru discord only steam account/users.
    You can report to Discord thru their reporting feature.
    https://support.discord.com/hc/en-u...How-to-Properly-Report-Issues-to-Trust-Safety
    This should be a good starting point for gathering what they need to review that.

Either way don't believe any of it and just block them for sure.
    If you sent me a friend request on steam I likely ignored it because I didn't know the exact reason why you sent it.
    NateTheGr8 likes this.
  8. NateTheGr8

NateTheGr8 New User

Steam:
    PS: the video shows a steam page with my acc and a pending ban report next to it he taps on it and opens it up and theres an option to delete my acc or to remove the ban. Like wtf it looks pretty legit. any hekp would be gr8
  9. NateTheGr8

NateTheGr8 New User

Steam:
    Nah man i just HAVE to show u that video its really freaking me out
  10. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    It's a fake video that scammers use to scare innocent people. It's not real.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    As Roudy said its fake - report the video to YT if that is where its located also.
    This kinda thing is entirely ALL FAKE! I do not need to view it to know this.
  12. NateTheGr8

NateTheGr8 New User

Steam:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/783735124755087421/783737076431716382/qa1JvlhHRe.gif <== Can u guys see this
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes and its fake - its made up to trick you or extort you out of something.
    Follow my previous directions, and don't concern yourself with it.
    Nobody at Valve will contact you like this and certainly not using any other platforms like Discord.
  14. NateTheGr8

NateTheGr8 New User

Steam:
    P
    Phew, thanks man i blocked them both and even changed my staem password for good measure. I really appreciate the help man, thanks alot! :)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No problem, always good to change passwords every so often anyway so no harm there.
    Glad it worked out for you.