1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198253510761 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CaptainYesz!, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainYesz!

CaptainYesz! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1123536
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198253510761

Victim profile: 76561197962512801

What happened? Description:
    1. Posted on /r/Dota2Trade
    2. Contacted via RedditChat, user: zerxyyyy
    3. Added attempted scammer on steam. He proposed using MakSym as middleman. We joined group chat to discuss details which can be circumstantially substantiated via screencaps of my steamchat with him.
    4. Steamguard prevented me from trading any items for ~15 days but trade was submitted & pending with MakSym supposedly received payment via picture of received money. Middleman to send money after items had been received at that later date.

I was asked to delete my /r/Dota2Trade post which I felt was shady but I did it as seen in chat screencaps.

5. I did research and confronted scammer with screencap of a reddit user saying they got scammed from another user using MakSym as a middleman.

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comme...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

6. Scammer failed to reply and immediately, both he & MakSym removed me as friends, banned me from group chat, which prevents me from getting screencap history now.

I insulted him and he made violent threats and typical flaming in these kinds of interactions in our redditchat, which unfortunately can be deleted, so I should stick to using steam in the future... Screencap available though :)

Provide Evidence:
    0. Dota2Trade Post (he requested it was deleted when trade was pending)
    1. Initial Contact
    2. Screencap during middle of submission
    3. Subsequent Contact
    4. Reaction to being confronted
    5. Reddit chat with him after with him deleting some violent threat being made, I screencapped in response to seeing deletion
    6. User profile going to steam profile (note, not friended anymore)
    7+ SteamRep screenshots to link their userprofile to their SteamID's listed on SteamRep (since they can change everything in their profile)
    View attachment 775129
    View attachment 775122
    View attachment 775126
    View attachment 775123
    View attachment 775124 View attachment 775125
    View attachment 775128
    https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198253510761
    https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198870767915
    SteamRep screenshots as of 12/31/2020 4:13am UTC-8
    View attachment 775130
    I also have more circumstantial research that pointed to the fact that MakSym is a scammer but will provide that on request instead of letting him know how he's vulnerable since he will clean that evidence up.​

Attached Files:

2. CaptainYesz!

CaptainYesz! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1123536
    Adding chat log middle section that was missing in my screencaps where he asked me to delete the reddit post. Thankfully I felt it was weird so screencapped my reddit post before deletion as shown in the original evidence attached to prove it was there. SMH

To connect some dots and make it easier, I would also add there is circumstantial evidence beyond the screencap, that we were trading for my dazzle set. Note the $180 price listed on my reddit post and the $180 confirmed in our steamchat with me asking

"180 is good right?"
    *Yep. Venmo right?*

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2020
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The users leaving the chat and abandoning the trade isn't a scam that is just them leaving the trade.
    We would never know if their intentions were really bad or not and could be for other circumstances therefore this report was based off the assumption that they were acting up to no good which we don't review reports over.
    Does it seem sketchy...perhaps but still not a reason for a report. As you said the evidence is just circumstantial not 100% confirming.
    Please don't submit reports based on assumptions.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    Nothing provided suggests/shows this user is or was guilty of any wrong doing per policy.
    Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.