1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198260263740 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Festive_Random_Trader, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Festive_Random_Trader

Festive_Random_Trader New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:162152500
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198260263740

Victim profile: 76561198260263740

What happened? Description:
    User approached me offering $800 cash for my tf2 unusual. The user at the time had a good reputation on backpack.tf and seemed completely legit having done even bigger cash trades in the past with no problems. I sent the hat and they did not pay up but tried to act as though payment was still coming through. Did this to multiple people at once, very manipulative and dangerous trader. After I exposed them they blocked and removed me. I have proof of trade agreement and i also have evidence of them not paying up. Please don't let them get away with stealing $4000 across some very high tier hats. They need to be banned ASAP​

Provide Evidence:
    1 - Added me and asked about hat, suggested unusual or cash
    2 - Talks like they care. What a sociopath
    3 - Excuses for not using keys
    4 - negotiation. Calls mannco.store shady
    5 - them not wanting to do half and half
    6 - Me giving email. Ive just put a red box over it
    7 - me calling them crazy for crabbing 700k with no middleman. Was brought to my attention this was probably to farm rep before the scam
    8 - Confirmed agreement made at least 3 times now
    9 - Tries to keep me quiet by saying it takes 10-15 mins
    10 - Sends a fake receipt. I lost this after they blocked me but I assume its just a fake same as everyone else reported on bp.tf
    11 - Very badly cropped sorry but this is their profile after after they unfriended me. They said they were going to cancel the payment and not give me my hat back if i didn't remove the bad rep on their profile. You can see they're angry because they were still busy scamming others
    12 - Very happily took my hat and stated in sending message it was for $830 PayPal
    13 - Legit never made a transaction on paypal so there was no chance I could miss it. This is around 24 hours later
    14 - History. I am Festive_Random_Trader, CS.DEALS seems to be a fence for lots of scammed items but ill save that for a different report perhaps.
    16 - users profile. +10 to -15 rep in one day​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 6i.png
      6i.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 10i.png
      10i.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      647.3 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      669.9 KB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      713.4 KB
      Views:
    • 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      440.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Festive_Random_Trader

Steam:
    No 16 is a picture of the hats they scammed. They offered $830 for my knifestorm l'inspecteur and other people were offered: $1900 for a bonzo drill, $1200 for a purple energy rack, around $400 for a stormy 13th hour jumpers jeep cap and paper to have stolen a scorching party phantom worth around 400k or $800. The user has also acquired a 1 of 1 special snowfall seared sorcerer and a 1 of 2 pale nimbus patriots peak, the other of which is on the market for 275 keys
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Full screenshot of the chat log that was edited - we do not review edited screenshots per policy.

Keep in mind also we are not here to punish others..if that is your intentions you are at the wrong site.
  4. Festive_Random_Trader

Steam:
    I covered my email though that was all :( is this guy really getting away because i don't want my email on the internet
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you can provide that one section that matches up reply to reply with getfriendmessage logs then that is fine.
    Keep in mind getfriend message logs are NOT acceptable alone here or anywhere where SR database tags are concerned but if you can provide that gap and it clearly shows the email then I will take that.

In the future FULL screenshots do not ever edit/crop the images. It is a small price to pay to make a report here.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ - see this about the chat log requirements.
    Someone reporting with just GFM logs is completely unacceptable but if what you give me for that one section of chat logs edited matches up with that one area of them then that is fine I will take that as a substitute for that situation.

Screenshot policy - https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  6. Festive_Random_Trader

Steam:
    I have the unedited picture as well and the getfriend messages. Is there any way to get this scammer banned without me giving up my email?
  7. Festive_Random_Trader

Steam:
    here are unedited pictures 6 and 10. I think its ridiculous that I have to give up my privacy when there is so much more evidence to back what i am saying and clear agreements but if its what i have to do to get them marked than its worth it

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2021
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It isn't ridiculous - that is our policy for reports here.
    You do not have to make reports here if you do not like our policies...we are not forcing you.
    I have hidden those images from private view- but you have to present them upfront and foremost before any of that will be done.
    Follow next set of instructions.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  10. Festive_Random_Trader

Steam:
    Thank you for making those 2 secret content. I appreciate it

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will review again soon - no need to reply again
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.