1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion: Game Bans to display on profile

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Aristeia, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Aristeia

Aristeia Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12023741
    Recently, a lot more games have been implementing their own anti-cheat and Valve has respected their systems enough to mark a steam profile with the game ban, similar to how a VAC ban is shown.

[​IMG]

I would like to suggest to add it to SteamRep as well, as not many games are being protected with VAC anti-cheat. This data is also available from the Steam API:

{"players":[{"SteamId":"[redacted for privacy]","CommunityBanned":false,"VACBanned":false,"NumberOfVACBans":0,"DaysSinceLastBan":36,"NumberOfGameBans":1,"EconomyBan":"none"}]}

However, I think that this might mess with the current sleek UI where only 4 rows are shown on the Steamrep profile:
    Profile Privacy:public
    Trade Ban:None
    VAC Ban:None
    Community Ban:None

As such, I would propose that "VAC Ban" can be renamed "VAC/Game Ban" if there are any issues with including it in the current UI.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    This was discussed when game bans first came out, we decided not to go this route as game bans are not expressly for cheats but also apply for other reasons per the devs discretion.
  3. Aristeia

Aristeia Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12023741
    I see, thank you. I've searched the forums for the title "Game Bans" but couldn't find anything on it. If it has already been decided that it's the best for fairness then let's keep it that way.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    It was a legitmate question, no worries, was more then happy to answer as I knew why we have not at this time. At our next internal meeting, Ill bring it up again as a user request.