1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561198113839089 - (Bongo / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by bob sherman, Jan 29, 2021.

1. bob sherman

bob sherman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76786680
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198113839089 (Bongo)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Alternate Account to hold unused items: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198229778056

Alternate Account I used to scam with: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198133977022

Appeal description:
    Yes, I had scammed and yes I had felt good about it during the time. But do I regret it? Absolutely.
    I had received my trade banned in February of 2015 on my alternate account where I had scammed and later received a Steamrep ban on the 21st of May in that same year. After I had gotten banned on my 3 accounts, I had considered making a new account and move all of my items there, but I decided that it just was not worth it to go through all that trouble again. I was a 14-year-old stubborn, selfish kid who even thought it would be cool to scam a steam friend who I had been friends with for 2 years out of a couple of hundred dollars worth of items. I certainly deserved to be permabanned for my actions on both Steamrep and Steam itself.

Just a year and a half after my ban, I had entered high school. I had started playing football where I mentally grew up from an ignorant child to a responsible young man. I started to realize that I had made big mistakes that have costed me to lose friends and will ultimately affect me for life after high school.

It is now January of 2021 and I am currently 19 years old, about to turn 20 and I feel that now only have I realized the disgusting acts I have caused towards other users, but also changed who I am as a person. I currently talk to steam friends today and give them gratitude and positivity in the best way I can. I even give birthday gifts if I can towards some steam friends to show my friendship and happiness for them.

I wish to have my permaban lifted which has lasted 5 going on 6 years. If that can't be done, possibly just a temper ban. I definitely deserve to ban indefinitely but I do ask for a second chance to have the ban uplifted as I will not only ever scam again, but also try my best to help others (steam friends or other tf2/csgo community members) with trading.​
  2. bob sherman

bob sherman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76786680
    Autocorrect on Previous appeals: I had made an appeal on May of 2020 but a moderator had thought my scammer alt was my main account
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Once again, you may only appeal with the originally tagged account, since you unambiguously concede this fact and have been previously warned, this account is now banned from submission of appeals.
    If you want to appeal you will have to do so with the originally tagged account.