1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review for 76561198035502051 (The Wiz)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Supreme Pootis™, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Supreme Pootis™

Supreme Pootis™ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37618161
    Appeal Review Request
    Reminder: Appeal reviews are not appeals!

Reason for Appeal Review: Other extenuating circumstance at admins' discretion. NOT USUALLY GRANTED!!!
    Past Appeal: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198035502051-sr-scammer.37883/#post-193001

Steam profile: 76561198035502051 (The Wiz)

Make your case:
    I suppose I'd like to ask for another chance to appeal due to the amount of time that has passed.

I understand these are not your typical extenuating circumstances, your listed example is a hospitalization for reference, but I feel like the sheer amount of time that has passed warrants a second chance to appeal. This incident happened was I was 12/13, when my moral compass was barely developed. This led to my previous appeal being handled with a rudeness and brashness I couldn't even fathom harboring nowadays.

TF2 has always been a very large part of my life, and I would love the chance to appeal again and have a chance to reenter the community. It would mean a lot to be even given this chance. Now that I am older and matured, I feel like we could have an open, honest dialogue as to what happened all those years ago. If you would like to discuss my conduct in the previous appeal or have any other reservations I encourage you to ask, I am an open book. I understand your workload is high, but I ask you for clemency in this situation. Thank you for your time.

P.S. This form is asking me to upload a file, I cannot find if there is something specific I am supposed to upload, so enjoy this random picture from my PC. If there is something I am supposed to upload, please let me know, but I truly do not see anything asking for anything in particular.​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You only get one appeal, that is it, their are no second appeals. Further, an appeal review is NOT an appeal.
    To be very clear after reading the above policy, what exactly are you requesting an appeal review for?
  3. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    Apologies for the late reply, personal issues and school were taking up my time. I suppose based on those reappeal circumstances, I feel like your discretion and, albeit slightly, new evidence apply in my case. I ask for your discretion because the previous appeal was handled by a much younger, immature version of myself. As for new evidence, this is based on my new appeal reason. I am not trying to deny that I have done this anymore or try to weasel my way out of it, but instead am seeking to rectify my actions from when I was younger and have an open, honest discussion about it. Remember I was 12 when this whole incident began and when I initially appealed, so I am asking for your sympathy as I believe we were all stupid youngins in some way or another at some point in our lives.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    What new evidence do you have that was not available in your original appeal and why did you not submit it yet? And if you ask for a second chance again, because appeal reviews are NOT MEANT FOR SECOND CHANCES, YOU HAD YOUR APPEAL AND ITS OVER, their is a strong likely-hood the review will be immediately terminated and your request for a second appeal DENIED, dont do it again.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  5. Supreme Pootis™

Steam:
    Eh, no worth reasoning with people like you. I was trying to argue within your rules, but they just don't make sense. I'll just stay banned for some s✿✿✿ that I did when I was 12, thanks.
  6. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I'm sorry to say that appeal reviews are not the place to argue about rules, and I cannot take any such arguments into consideration. In an appeal review, our only job is to determine whether extenuating circumstances warrant an exception that we wouldn't grant for someone else. Admins here are strictly bound by policy, and no matter how I/they personally feel about your change in character, I/they simply can't authorize a re-appeal without those extenuating circumstances to justify their exception. We already make it pretty clear that tags are permanent, and there is precedent for denying others with the same claim, so you do not qualify for one. The correct place to argue about our policies would be General Discussion, with the understanding you may not try to argue the outcome of any specific cases, including your own.

As to why we have this policy, we guarantee everyone the right to a single fair appeal, where it is handled by a senior admin who has never had any prior involvement with your case. Once denied, if we were to allow a second appeal (including through an approved appeal review) it would again have to be with another admin who has never been involved in your case, and similarly the appeal review has to be someone who has never touched your case. As you can imagine, with as few admins as we have, honoring this absolute promise would become a lot less practical if we started allowing re-appeals. If you didn't take your first appeal seriously, and the admin felt you weren't sorry and still posed a risk to the community, that's on you. Furthermore, we sadly have people who have been patiently waiting years for their first appeal, and handling your second appeal while they're still waiting in line would be unfair. If we genuinely make a mistake (e.g. denied an innocent person for lying when they were framed) then we will right that wrong and give the case another fresh set of eyes once demonstrated, and that's what the appeal review process is for. But appeal reviews are not a place for you to simply beg for another second chance because you were too young or rash when you pleaded the first time and you don't like the outcome. We don't have the resources to honor that, and it would be unfair to everyone else we've denied while promising the community that scammer tags are permanent.

With that, I will now conclude this appeal review. You should be aware that, like appeals, appeal reviews are also once per person. I'm sorry it didn't turn out like you hoped.