1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198262209398 - (WinnerOJD / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by WinnerOJD, Apr 12, 2021.

1. WinnerOJD

WinnerOJD Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150971835
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198262209398 (WinnerOJD)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have NEVER owned another steam account.​

Appeal description:
    Back when I got into tf2 because my friends were playing it, they all bought unusuals so I thought I would do the same. I had a bunch of cheap items and ended up giving all of them for a heavy hat with a circling peace sign effect thing. I then traded quite a lot mostly based off just asking other people if certain trades were good or not, but eventually made a trade for an unusual smg which was apparently better than all my previous ones.

I was looking to trade it for a cool sniper item in a trading server when someone I came across was trying to offer me an australium medic gun. I said I would think about it etc (because i had to ask other people if it was good or not), and he went on trying to convince me to accept the trade for a very long time, such as telling me that the australium would be worth more in the future because it cant wear out and that my factory new smg would become battle scarred eventually if I used it too much.

Eventually they said they would get me banned from scrap tf and trading servers for wasting their time if I didn't accept the trade. I ignored this because I thought they were just trying to scare me. HOWEVER, then I came to see that I was actually banned from the trading servers which were made by backpack tf and backpack and scrap tf themselves. The guy told me that he could reverse the ban if I did the trade as in that case I "wouldn't have wasted his time".

He told me at the time he was an admin for backpack tf but from looking at the report which the scrap tf mod helped me find a few days ago, apparently the user got me banned by sending me a cheap item from their already banned account and then claiming that I was an alt of that account.

I apologise if it's inconvenient me appealing this years after I was actually banned, however at the time getting banned from the community after doing nothing wrong was enough to make me uninstall the game, up until now.

I hope this explains everything that you need to know, however please ask me if there's anything else I can do or show for my case, and if you have actually read through all this thanks a lot. My discord name is Breaderi#9971 if you wanted to contact me quickly or I will try to check here regularly and reply (though I'm not quite sure how it works yet). I would really appreciate if someone could look into this though as it's out of my control. Thanks for reading!​

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Nothing you said has anything to do with your tagging. You are tagged as an alternate account of 76561198328409680 but so far have failed to explain anything further about the connection with the other user. Lying/lying by omission is grounds for an appeal being denied.
  3. WinnerOJD

Steam:
    What do you mean by connection? They weren't even a friend and I have no idea how I can show something that doesn't exist...
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    To be clear and so their is no miscommunication on your end, are you saying;
    (1) You do not know the user?
    (2) You never were friends with the user?
    (3) You deny sharing connections with this user?

I can easily finish your appeal as soon as you answer all three questions, you have two weeks to do so or appeal will be concluded as-is.
  5. WinnerOJD

Steam:
    No I don't know them and they've never been a friend. The only connection I ever had was when they were trying to blackmail me into accepting their trade for my unusual when I was new.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Denied for lying/lying by omission.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021