1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198103935120 - (✪ TheMayor / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ✪ TheMayor, Apr 15, 2021.

1. ✪ TheMayor

✪ TheMayor Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71834696
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198103935120 (✪ TheMayor)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    I have no alt steam accounts​

Appeal description:
    Hi, I got my ban 1677 days ago, I was a freshman in highschool without a job and after the dozens of CSGOLounge scammers I had seen I thought I could do it myself. I put on the profile picture of another user and asked for a down payment skin before I traded with the person who reported me. The skin was a Souvenir PP-Bizon | Chemical Green (~$0.77 at the time, closer to $0.66 currently) This was the only scam I ever committed. Now I cast CSGO matches and work. I was young, it has been a long time since then, and all I want to do is be able to use CS Money. I feel like I served my time for the offense considering I was steam rep banned 4.5 years ago and haven't had any other offenses since then. I would appreciate if you considered unbanning, I know better now.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Tags are permanent by design and not being able to use a site is not a reason to consider an appeal for.
  3. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    Does the "change of heart" hold any weight when it comes to an unban? That was my Appeal reason. I can give the person who reported me a skin of greater value, or I can purchase the same skin for that person. If there is nothing I can do to prove the change of heart, I understand (but don't know why its an appeal option).I figured I would appeal since I don't scam people and that was a one off from 4 years ago. Thanks for the quick response.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    I never liked that reason as it could give people the wrong impression since it does not hold much weight. Just an option for people to plea "no contest" and hope that the offense was small enough to maybe or other significant factors, just maybe consider the appeal anyways. As for repayment, who did you scam and for what?
  5. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    It should probably be removed then if it isn't a valid reason to be unbanned. The skin was a Souvenir PP-Bizon | Chemical Green (In my original post I priced the skin at $0.66 but it was MW not FT so the correct price is ~$1.97). I attached a picture of the actual trade/my trade history. As for the person their account is private and they are trade banned.

Link to victims account: https://steamcommunity.com/id/banaaaaaaaaa

I don't know what the next step from here is to get my ban appealed, or if there is another step.

Attached Files:

6. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    It also seems the victim is community banned and was SR banned.
  7. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    After looking through the victims five alt accounts I found one that was not Valve trade banned ( https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198110765265 ). I have 10 CSGO stickers that are tradable this Thursday (4/22/21) that have total value of $3.10. Six of these stickers are RMR 2020 foils which will likely go up in price when the next major rolls around. I think this would be fair repayment since the initial value of the skin I took was approximately $2.00. Since I have a few days before the stickers are tradable I would like to hear from you to make sure I am going about this repayment correctly before reaching out to the victim. Once I get the green light I will reach out to them and hopefully be able to make amends, even if it doesn't get my SR ban removed.

Attached Files:

8. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I have reached out to his only alt that can make steam trades. I found this alt through the victims steam rep page.

Attached Files:

9. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I also saw on other Ban appeal forms that you guys ask for non highlighted and non cropped pictures so here is the trade I made taking the $2 from the victim, not cropped and not highlighted.

Attached Files:

10. You Are The One

Steam:
    You will have to add me on steam to discuss further.
  11. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I have sent a friend request.
  12. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I did some more digging and was able to find another one of the victims alt accounts that is not trade banned. This account does not look abandoned like the others since he has played DOTA2 in the past two weeks and is currently online on steam at the time of me writing this post ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199240206 ). I have added this account and because I could not leave a comment on his profile, I awarded his steam profile with the "Take my Points" award in the hopes I can get his attention and he adds me back to discuss repayment. (Sorry if I am not supposed to post here after you said to discuss more on steam, I just thought this was something important to share)

Attached Files:

13. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    Just another update in my attempts to reach the victim. I have reached out to two people on the victims friends list in the hopes they relay my message the victim. I picked two people who had their comments open, and that had been online recently. One of them also plays a lot of DOTA(base on his item showcase, and large DOTA inventory), so I am hoping they play together and my message reaches him through one of these people.

Attached Files:

14. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I feel like I am posting too much here, so I will stop after this unless it is absolutely necessary. I had read through the appeal process forum again and I saw that repayment to the victim is the victims choice. Because of this I made sure to purchase the original skin I took from them. I also offered both the skin I took, in addition to the stickers I already offered them (only offered in comments unfortunately because I haven't been added on steam by the victim and cannot find a trade link anywhere online). I also made sure to include that I could sell these items and purchase a different item if they prefer that.

Attached Files:

15. You Are The One

Steam:
    conditionally downgraded pending rest of appeal.
  16. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    I have excellent news. After adding and commenting on 5 friends of the victims profile my message must have reached them because they added me back. I have sent one of two trade offers. The first offer was the 10 2020 RMR stickers ($3.00) and then in addition to the stickers I also messaged them saying I would also return the original skin I took from them when it comes off of trade cooldown on the 28th of April.

Attached Files:

17. ✪ TheMayor

Steam:
    Today I have some not so excellent news. It seems that I have been blocked by the victim. After sending the victim my first offer I realized they were offline at the time. The next day I see Spyro online and send him a this message "^^^" just to be sure they saw my first message and trade offer. Maybe this was where I went wrong with the victim, I cant think of anything I did other than this that may have been perceived as annoying and reason enough for them to block me. After that I included a message saying if these items were not what they wanted for repayment I could sell them and purchase whatever item they would prefer (I sent this message about an hour later so it didn't seem like I was spamming them). After this I noticed a few strange changes on steam that made me believe the victim had blocked me. The first was I no longer could see the last time the victim was online in steam. The next was that my steam messenger was saying the victim was online while their profile said they were offline. Another sign that they blocked me was that I could no longer send them trade offers. Despite all of this my first trade offer of repayment to the victim has not been declined yet. This offer will expire on May 8th and I cannot send another so only time will tell if they take that as repayment. If they do not take the offer, or deny the offer I am not sure what else I can do. I did read in the "How to Appeal" thread that the victim cannot force an appeal deny but regardless I would like to repay them (I know I cannot force this, it is entirely the choice of the victim). I have attached pictures of the messages I sent to the victim, the failed attempt to send them another trade offer, and my inability to see the last time the victim was offline.

Attached Files:

18. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, the only offense for the tagging was impersonation with no direct reports. We usually do not try to hold users own admissions against them in such circumstances, you also unprompted started the repayment process. I am fairly split on this one as impersonation is not an offense I would normally consider an appeal for, lack of direct report(s) is the primary reason the appeal was not doomed from the go along with honesty in the appeal. Provable positive comm involvement is secondary but, alone would not have had a difference. I am going to split the difference and downgrade to a caution (not further appealable). Please note, this was a fairly either-way call so any issues down the road will result in the banned tag being reapplied w/o the possibility of a new appeal. Additionally, if we find out you lied in the appeal, banned tag will return w/o possibility of a new appeal as well. Consider this an exceedingly rare second chance and make the most of it.

Appeal downgraded.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: May 1, 2021